Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Jet Blue hit a grand slam with their new C gates (formerly Air Tran/SW gates) accessed through the new C/E post security connector! But the connection to E departure level is not complete, a worker said July! Massport must be installing new escalators and upgraded elevators to complete the connection.

Last edited:

The "Four Centuries of Innovations" wall is especially clever and quite interesting! Many of the holding areas have a club room/living room feel! Ranks up with the best airport departure areas I've ever been in! Congrats to MassPort and Jet Blue!

Wow that is beautiful. Love that swirly terrazzo. Massport loves its terrazzo.

I wonder if jetblue will try to concentrate (is this possible) their NYC, DC and LAX/SFO flights with MINT and business focus in the nicer section.

This interactive wall (with seating area, showcased in a continuous loop, Massachusetts firsts! So so creative, like an exhibit you'd find at a museum! MassPort must have hired some seriously talented people, this is so different from the usual MassPort Logan additions though the addition/connector at B Terminal looks almost as colorful and comfortable!

Last edited:
Thanks Atlantaden.

Great lookjing designs.

So the JetBlueFA was correct about opening part of the C-E connector, but not the whole way yet.

Also, are the low numbered E gates now C numbered gates and assigned to JetBlue?

I think I may have answered my own question. An interactive map shows three gates numbered C8, C9, and C10. But no scheduled flights arriving/departing those gates, though there are several flights marked only as a C gate.

Last edited:
Yes they are and thanks! There were flights leaving the new gates and I would never have known about the new gates if I wasn't an archboston member. Most PAX were crowded in the older gates with no clue about the new gates. To be honest, I only thought of checking out the new connector, which led me to the new, absolutely glorious new gate areas!! Such an unexpected discovery, needless to say I hung out in the new gate area while waiting for my Long Beach flight which was departing from the older pier! Lucky me!

Last edited:
FYI

The TSA security line at the new C Gates (the ones that served Southwest Airlines before they moved to A) are open and were EMPTY where the tsa lines in the main C Terminal were jammed! According to a tsa supervisor, anyone holding a valid boarding pass for flights anywhere out of C gates may pass through but he did say...keep it too yourself! 😉

I've flown JetBlue 3 times in the last month and a half and each time getting baggage at Logan was a hassle. This morning I arrived from Phoenix and after waiting at baggage carousel 4 for roughly 20 minutes, they moved us to carousel number 2 where the flight from San Diego was also waiting for their baggage and a flight and a flight from DC National also got moved to the same carousel. Finally after 35 minutes our bags came out and it was a mess with 3 flights on the same carousel sorting through bags. The other 2 times we waited at least 30 minutes for our bags.

More of the flights will be precleared overseas as is done with Canadian Flights today -- that will enable much greater flexibility with gate use not just for International departure but International precleared arriving flights and code shares

Just came from Dublin on Aer Lingus - they added US preclearance in Dublin and Aer Lingus is coming to terminal C now....

I wonder if they are ever going to rename terminal E to D. I remember there was a talk about it some time ago...

I wonder if they are ever going to rename terminal E to D. I remember there was a talk about it some time ago...

Probably not. There are a gazillion signs that would need to be changed all over the airport.

Very hard to make a business case for the cost.

Besides it is another one of those Boston quirks that drives visitors crazy, like not having an A branch on the Green Line.

Probably not. There are a gazillion signs that would need to be changed all over the airport.

Very hard to make a business case for the cost.

Besides it is another one of those Boston quirks that drives visitors crazy, like not having an A branch on the Green Line.

Back when, B should have been split into B and C. All of current C and the vestigial stub of D would have become D.

Back when, B should have been split into B and C. All of current C and the vestigial stub of D would have become D.

Stellar -- technically its not just Terminal E -- its the John A. Volpe International Terminal

I believe it is the only terminal with a formal name

Thanks atlantaden for the photos! I look forward to checking it out in person tomorrow.

Thanks atlantaden for the photos! I look forward to checking it out in person tomorrow.

Tombstoner -- take some pix of the new work at Terminal E if possible -- not counting the recent ones of the E-C connector and related -- the only pix we have of the major work for the A-380's are several months old -- just up to the topping off of the steel

Tombstoner -- take some pix of the new work at Terminal E if possible -- not counting the recent ones of the E-C connector and related -- the only pix we have of the major work for the A-380's are several months old -- just up to the topping off of the steel

Ditto. I was a bit out of it after my red-eye to snap photos. But you can see some nice glass work going on.

On another note, here is what Mexico City is getting for their new airport. It would be amazing if Boston could ever get something like this.........I won't hold my breath.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1749293&page=9

^do they have any renders of it before the entire terminal and all of the gate areas were swallowed up by the blob (or "el blobbo" as they call it in DF)?

But seriously, I'm not overly impressed with the design there. It's very fluid and modern, but I don't mind that we won't have anything like that here.

Last edited:

Back