Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I would have thought that BOS to LHR would be hurt by the new additions. Although we haven't seen too much of a downturn.

There's great data on Boston-Heathrow Traffic here along with anything else UK (Manchester-Boston, Providence-Belfast etc):

https://www.caa.co.uk/Data-and-analysis/UK-aviation-market/Airports/Datasets/UK-airport-data/

You want to take a look at Table 12 for any month.
It goes by month and will give YOY change for the month for airport-airport (examples: Boston-Gatwick, Newark-Heathrow, Oakland-Gatwick etc.)

Boston-London (Heathrow and Gatwick) its easy to get an idea how an airline is doing pax wise since there's only one airline on each route.

For December 2017 vs December 2016

Boston-Heathrow = 61872 vs 56488 about 10% increase
Boston-Gatwick = 13620 vs 10709 about 27% increase

There's great data on Boston-Heathrow Traffic here along with anything else UK (Manchester-Boston, Providence-Belfast etc):

https://www.caa.co.uk/Data-and-analysis/UK-aviation-market/Airports/Datasets/UK-airport-data/

You want to take a look at Table 12 for any month.
It goes by month and will give YOY change for the month for airport-airport (examples: Boston-Gatwick, Newark-Heathrow, Oakland-Gatwick etc.)

Boston-London (Heathrow and Gatwick) its easy to get an idea how an airline is doing pax wise since there's only one airline on each route.

For December 2017 vs December 2016

Boston-Heathrow = 61872 vs 56488 about 10% increase
Boston-Gatwick = 13620 vs 10709 about 27% increase

Wait i was wrong on this one - you can only tell how Norwegian is doing on Gatwick routes since Virgin/Delta are on Heathrow.

We're only missing India and South Korea for direct flights to world's 10 largest economies after US.

Wow. Boston before any New York airports. That’s pretty significant.

China has "one route one airline" rule for its carriers and Hainan flies Chengdu-JFK.

We're only missing India and South Korea for direct flights to world's 10 largest economies after US.

It would be just India unless your list counts EU as one economy. I guess Italy (surprising to me!) and Canada routinely keep South Korea out of top 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

To get top 20 - We would need Australia, Indonesia, Russia, and Saudi Arabia.

Distance alone makes the first two almost impossible unless there's a major techonological advance.

Delta is adding (or bringing back because I think I flew this route with Delta years ago) a non-stop from Logan to Las Vegas. The times look pretty good to me at least. Departing BOS at 8:15am and the return leaves Vegas at 11:15am. Maybe that will result in JetBlue lowering the price of their mid-morning LAS-BOS flight which can often be $500+. I won't do the red-eye from Vegas unless I have no choice.

Delta is adding (or bringing back because I think I flew this route with Delta years ago) a non-stop from Logan to Las Vegas. The times look pretty good to me at least. Departing BOS at 8:15am and the return leaves Vegas at 11:15am. Maybe that will result in JetBlue lowering the price of their mid-morning LAS-BOS flight which can often be $500+. I won't do the red-eye from Vegas unless I have no choice.

I know that at one point Delta operated this route as part of it's Song service with 757s (I flew it), with a late afternoon departure, IIRC.

DOT has awarded JetBlue a Saturday only frequency to do Boston-Havana flights on Saturdays.

https://airlineinfo.com/ostpdf101/495.pdf

Great news. Wish there was a mid-week return so you don't have to stay a full week or connect on the way back.

Looks like the Sunday to Friday Jetblue flight to FLL will be the plane coming to Boston Saturdays... which is actually pretty reasonable. JetBlue has something like 8 FLL flights daily from BOS, so it'll be easy enough to transfer on one of those legs when returning if you can't spend a whole week in Cuba.

This is great!

Hopefully this gets full approval for a July launch... that may be a good time to start it. I would avoid a hurricane season launch.

It'd be great if you didn't have to have a specific reason for going due to the idiotic embargo.

A flight to Newark makes more commercial sense for northern maine, since United can provide connections from there.

A flight to Newark makes more commercial sense for northern maine, since United can provide connections from there.

Absolutely. Which was one of the major points for choosing United Express over Pen-Air. Pen-Air is also in dire straights financially.

Word is that SAS is going to cut Copenhagen - Boston for the winter season and move the flight seasonal.

Back