Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I read the slots they got were terrible times. I think I heard it was a 1:00am departure. Can anyone confirm? Also, I think the slots are somehow only guaranteed for one year.

Yeah, the timings they have received are not that great. I believe they received a 3 pm arrival slot, which means they'd have to schedule JFK and Boston departures at like 1:30 am. It feels like JetBlue wanted to at least get access to Schiphol and continue to work the DOT to get the Dutch government to give them better access.

380 is loaded for LH424/425 6/1-10/28. There do seem to be a handful of Monday and Wednesdays that the flight won't operate.
350 loaded from 10/29 to end of schedule.

Last edited:
380 is loaded for LH424/425 6/1-10/28. There do seem to be a handful of Monday and Wednesdays that the flight won't operate.
350 loaded from 10/29 to end of schedule.

Looks like from June 1 - June 18, it will be 5/7 A380 and 2/7 A359. From July 5 - July 16, it will also be 5/7 A380 and 2/7 A359.

JFK-Munich A380 service commences at daily from July 4.

Yeah, the timings they have received are not that great. I believe they received a 3 pm arrival slot, which means they'd have to schedule JFK and Boston departures at like 1:30 am. It feels like JetBlue wanted to at least get access to Schiphol and continue to work the DOT to get the Dutch government to give them better access.

The information is sparse in all of the news articles I've read.

It sounds like they were considering the 1:30am daily departure for NYC and that a Boston departure time would vary every day. I guess having a consistent, yet not ideal, time for the higher O+D market and funnel traffic (when it works) through BOS would be the plan. I cannot see them going ahead with this to be honest because the slots are temporary.

Would love to see another option for a daytime flight other than BA to London.

According to this article, BA restarts its Boston A380 summer service today! In honor of this event, I thought I’d post this pic!
E9C7CFBF-BFD6-43AA-9BCE-ADAEDDC5D544.jpeg

Icelandair will continue to run a 763 on their daily service to Reykjavik in winter 2023/24. Beginning October 28, 2023, they will run once daily to Boston using their 763, and this schedule runs through March 20, 2024.

Icelandair will continue to run a 763 on their daily service to Reykjavik in winter 2023/24. Beginning October 28, 2023, they will run once daily to Boston using their 763, and this schedule runs through March 20, 2024.
Speaking of Icelandair I noticed an equipment change for them this summer.
Last summer I think they ran 2x B737 and 1x B767 daily
Looks like this summer it will be 9x B737, 5x B757, 7x B767 per week with the afternoon flight switching between B737 on the weekend and B757 Mon-Fri

Speaking of Icelandair I noticed an equipment change for them this summer.
Last summer I think they ran 2x B737 and 1x B767 daily
Looks like this summer it will be 9x B737, 5x B757, 7x B767 per week with the afternoon flight switching between B737 on the weekend and B757 Mon-Fri
I have a theory Icelandair was downsizing planes claiming mechanical issues in January and February as their flights were about a 1/3rd full. Take that how you will. It caused alot of issues for many here in Boston

Tailwind Air is adding non-stop service from Boston (Harbor) to Nantucket beginning on May 17. Flights will be 45 minutes each way and fares will start at $175 each way.

Has anyone tried Level (www.flylevel.com) the Barcelona (BCN) hubbed long-haul, low-cost member of IAG (British, Aer Lingus, Iberia) ?

Has anyone tried Level (www.flylevel.com) the Barcelona (BCN) hubbed long-haul, low-cost member of IAG (British, Aer Lingus, Iberia) ?
Yeah, my experience with them may differ than others (duhh) especially since this was pre-pandemic (2019). But expect a level of service similar to Norwegian's former BOS to LGW flight. No frills, but not a miserable experience at all, Cheap ticket on a wide-body plane (no IFE on my flight with Level though) with my arrival time in BCN at a very reasonable hour. Also their customer service at the time was actually pretty decent, their agents at Logan helped/accommodated me better than many of the Legacy carriers have ever have (I'm looking at you AA).

Last edited:
I haven't, but for some reason the youtubers I follow keep making snide remarks about it... Good luck, though!

Speaking of snide remarks, Avianca has been getting eviscerated in their Social Media posts by their customers. I noticed this on their photos from the first of the returning Boston-Bogota flights on Facebook.

Yeah, my experience with them may differ than others (duhh) especially since this was pre-pandemic (2019). But expect a level of service similar to Norwegian's former BOS to LGW flight. No frills, but not a miserable experience at all, Cheap ticket on a wide-body plane (no IFE on my flight with Level though) with my arrival time in BCN at a very reasonable hour. Also their customer service at the time was actually pretty decent, their agents at Logan helped/accommodated me better than many of the Legacy carriers have ever have (I'm looking at you AA).

Mine (also pre-pandemic) was similar. It was OK - no frills but I didn't feel as if I was running a gauntlet of hidden or thinly veiled charges like I have on other ULCC (or even some of the "discount" economy tickets on legacy carriers). Seats and service were about what you'd expect. Not as bad as spirit, but not the most comfortable. It got me there.

I Loved Norwegian (flew J class for price of Y for work trip) and am liking the idea of a well timed nonstop to BCN (self paid leisure trip with child)

I took the Level flight roundtrip between Logan and Barcelona per-pandemic and it was fine with no issues. My parents took it last summer and there was a mechanical problem on the return and they had to stay in Barcelona an extra night. But I think it is worth the dice roll for the non-stop flights.

Back