Longwood Place (Simmons Residential Campus) | 305 Brookline Avenue | Longwood

No more than 2 hours in March! There's also no set-in-stone rule that says they can't build this because of shadows. I hope their new $1 million shadow study counts how many people are using that park in March and they move on..

Yeah, I had a bit of back and forth with one of these shadow loons on Twitter a few weeks ago. They even have an on-line petition demanding that the project be stopped from destroying the park. I'm glad the one hour limit isn't actually codified. The shadow concerns have no legal force.

So some of these people are concerned about a small amount of shadow being added to what is a heavily tree lined park?

I mean, these people don’t actually ACTUALLY care about shadows. They feel entitled to space that doesn’t belong to them and will use whatever powers they think they have to prevent this project from happening. It’s just weirdo conservatism that is unprincipled and untethered. These people shouldn’t have anything close to decision making power.

So some of these people are concerned about a small amount of shadow being added to what is a heavily tree lined park?

Building shadows are *so much* different and twelve times more harmful than the naturally-occurring tree shade that protects pedestrians from the sun. Everyone knows this!

/sarcasm

Back