Lovejoy Wharf - Hoffman Building | 160 North Washington Street | West End

Re: Lovejoy Wharf

A6tw9JACcAEr-Bb.png

Really, just 1 elevation? The NPC has no plans or sections.

And the Strada 234 NIMBY'S arn't gonna sue this plan as well for the possible loss of their precious views! I can't believe a judge would even give em the time of day the last go around, it's the city! Views are not deeded as part of the sale that I've ever heard! Even in the suburbs, you can lose a view if a neighbor plants trees or adds on to his/her house!

I'm a bit concerned about the ground floor of the older building. It looks like they may be 'modernizing' it. That's never a good thing.

I'm a bit concerned about the ground floor of the older building. It looks like they may be 'modernizing' it. That's never a good thing.

That might be this:

The 2.1-acre Lovejoy Wharf project, across Interstate 93 and the Zakim Bridge from the TD Garden, will include the demolition and replacement of the adjacent nine-story building at 131 Beverly St., reconstruction of the wharf and construction of a two-level pavilion linking North Washington Street to the wharf below.

http://bostonherald.com/business/real_estate/view.bg?articleid=1061171932&srvc=business&position=4

I like this project and look forward to seeing it go forward. The materials will determine if I love it or not. My only criticism is the minimalist modern addition atop the original building -- I'd much rather see a few more floors on the new midrise portion, and let Lovejoy Wharf meet the sky as it always has...

Looks to be a nice extension to the harborwalk. Walking from N Station to Charlestown just got a lot more attractive.

That part of the harbor walk's been closed off and on for a few years now. Even when it's been open, you feel like you're taking your life in your hands using it. Just getting the area fixed up and the building used again will be a great addition.

Almost certain to be street sculpture or a big illuminated sign celebrating 'sneakers'. Maybe a bronze of Marquis Mills Converse from Malden.

Is it me or does every development being proposed or developed have sometype of PUBLIC HOUSING STYLE to it?

Is it me or does every development being proposed or developed have sometype of PUBLIC HOUSING STYLE to it?

What makes this look like public housing? Public housing looks like absolute shit. This is most certainly better (though debatable just how much better).

I think the headline makes it worse than it is. Hopefully they got get some large break, but just something to help with harbor access. That wharf is pretty beat up and they are mandated to provide access. As long as it sticks to that scope, I am fine with it, as it seems reasonable and is a definite big win for the city all around.

Back