Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Emporis lists the office tower as 324 feet, however I'm not sure if this is up to date or not, as there have been several different design iterations. There's no listed height for the residential tower.

I thought the office tower got chopped down from 324' (shocker, I know). The only info I recorded is that it's 237', but I can't confirm if that's to the top of the mechs or just the top floor. If it's only going to be 20 floors, I can't see it being any taller than 250'.

Then again, a recent search turned up the following article from late 2021, which refers to a concrete core height of 365'!?!

Details - WOLFFKRAN

So...to conclude: the several pieces of info I have strongly suggests that I have no info. Hopefully a competent researcher can clarify here; otherwise, I'll keep counting the levels while saying a non-religious prayer to ward off the appearance of a topping-out tree until as late as possible.

Last edited:
Looking at the render there are 17 rentable office floors. The mech crown is an additional 2 floors, and the 2 ground level floors appear to be double height. So it should be somewhere around the height of a 23 story building.

parcel_12_2.png

Last edited:
In my head, this still has a green facade... Let down every time I see the new render...

Not sure what the employment status is of you fine Archboston folk, but if anyone else is up for a high-stakes 'urban improvement' prank, I have 200 gallons of green paint just waiting for middle-aged hijinks. We could crowdfund out inevitable bail money. Regardless, the long-game is that the green will look too good on the building for anyone to cover it with white-out.

Just a thought.

It was difficult to find this on BPDA, but according to Skyscraperpage: office/lab is going to be 20 and the CitizenM will be 13.
When I entered the information on SkyscraperPage I used the BPDA's approved height "not including mech. penthouse" of 298' then referenced the official height from the CTBUH for the roof which they listed as 324'. Afaik this should be the actual height, but either way those floor counts are correct.

One more from 3/5 showing a fuller skyline context.

IMG_8767 by David Z, on Flickr
Seeing this from this angle as well as from the Boylston St section in the Fens near Tasty Burger really is exciting, knowing that it adds to the western Back Bay skyline.

Last edited:
^ crazy how much space is down there once they dug it out and framed it in. It looked pretty small before when it was only grass.

I find it amazing that none of the two buildings are going to be over the Pike or tracks. They seem to be spending so much on decking over the Pike and then only using it for a park/plaza.

I find it amazing that none of the two buildings are going to be over the Pike or tracks. They seem to be spending so much on decking over the Pike and then only using it for a park/plaza.

There will be one or two retail floors on the cantilever, IIRC.

That's sort of the ideal cost optimization. Build on terrafirma. The cost of a deck that could support a 20-30 story would be... much higher.

Back