Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

I'm absolutely speechless. This is perhaps my favorite humanizing urbanizing/placemaker building since Rowes Wharf. Utterly spectacular, efficient and inventive use of space for people who love CITIES.

Hell, even just on the streetside of this thing are 4 public transpo upgrades. 1) expanded bikeshare 2) new/better T headhouse 3) new/better bus passenger shelter 4) great bike lane. And that doesn't even include the spectacular plaza with the great nooks and crannies with tables, etc. to sit and enjoy the different views. What a fucking gift to the city!

Bravo to all involved - - the developers, architects, financiers......and the great photographing members here.
Yes, this is urban as hell in the best way. Reminds me of something you'd see in Tokyo.

Just to echo all the positive commentary, for me this is probably the most dramatic development transformation in Boston since I’ve started following this stuff. The lighting and landscaping are well executed and I really like how they make the views of the highway part of the attraction of the public plaza instead of trying to hide it or pretend it’s not there. This should also absolutely be a model for how public transit and bicycle infrastructure improvements can be seamlessly incorporated into redevelopment projects.

View attachment 54224View attachment 54225View attachment 54226View attachment 54227View attachment 54228View attachment 54229View attachment 54230View attachment 54231View attachment 54232View attachment 54233View attachment 54234View attachment 54235View attachment 54236View attachment 54237View attachment 54238
This whole thing is stunningly great.

Great write up on this project, but more broadly air rights over the Pike and the history of urban renewal:

1724324636697.png

1724324672037.png

Had the pleasure of swinging by here yesterday. It gave me kind of a Bow Market vibe, although perhaps a bit more corporate, and less compartmentalized. It was hard to envision how much of the public space/seating areas will be reserved for patrons of the various tenants (restaurants/etc.).

The interior of the Rivian dealership has a zen like quality that makes for a sharp contrast against the eight lanes of traffic whizzing by a few yards directly below you. Also, was impressed by the number of people enjoying the plaza this past Saturday —

IMG_5182.jpeg
IMG_5208.jpeg
IMG_5216.jpeg

The interior of the Rivian dealership has a zen like quality that makes for a sharp contrast against the eight lanes of traffic whizzing by a few yards directly below you. Also, was impressed by the number of people enjoying the plaza this past Saturday —

View attachment 54469

Man, seeing this view, I would love pretty much anything else to occupy this space other than a frickin car dealership. A coffee shop, a restaurant, a cocktail lounge. Hell, a dentist office visit would be bearable while watching traffic drone on below.

Man, seeing this view, I would love pretty much anything else to occupy this space other than a frickin car dealership. A coffee shop, a restaurant, a cocktail lounge. Hell, a dentist office visit would be bearable while watching traffic drone on below.
Theres going to be every one of things sans the dentist office pretty soon

Theres going to be every one of things sans the dentist office pretty soon

Yeah, that was my reaction to Camberville's post too.

Just from the recent pics, I see three (Opening soon early 2025) signs in the street/patio level windows there - George Howell, Pink Carrot and Avra. I'm sure there are more.

Rivvian like the Lucid in the Seaport and the Tesla nearby aren't traditional dealerships. They're showrooms for companies that want to be dtc. Honestly that type of use doesn't bother me.

Rivvian like the Lucid in the Seaport and the Tesla nearby aren't traditional dealerships. They're showrooms for companies that want to be dtc. Honestly that type of use doesn't bother me.
Rivian is a weird case because it isn't the most welcoming. I went to the Brooklyn location and they wouldn't let past the door without giving my email/phone number for contact. That alone makes it seem almost hostile for a store front. In a walkable neighborhood I shouldn't have to give up contact info to poke my head in.

Also Rivian isn't the best product, but that's besides the point I guess. It's probably better than a Cybertruck, but it's still a new electric vehicle startup that doesn't have the history of an actual manufacturer. They also had bed bugs at one of their plants which definitely put me off of them for a bit.

Yeah, that was my reaction to Camberville's post too.

Just from the recent pics, I see three (Opening soon early 2025) signs in the street/patio level windows there - George Howell, Pink Carrot and Avra. I'm sure there are more.
Fair enough. From what I remember from my visit here last week, I saw those other tenants as well, but just assumed based on their locations that they wouldn't get to share that view. I could be totally wrong though, and most definitely spoke out of my ass.

That being said, now I really do want a dentist office with a view like that. :ROFLMAO:

Back