Marine Industrial Park | Seaport

I believe they took a large space in the Boston Seafood Center (next to Harpoon) last year, but I can’t find the press release for the life of me. That warehouse has been empty for some time now. The facility was closed not too long after the ammonia disaster if memory serves so that’d be some time in 2017?

It’s good to see something being done on T and T1. Now let’s see if the Silver line could handle that many additional people (ha)

I believe they took a large space in the Boston Seafood Center (next to Harpoon) last year, but I can’t find the press release for the life of me. That warehouse has been empty for some time now. The facility was closed not too long after the ammonia disaster if memory serves so that’d be some time in 2017?

It’s good to see something being done on T and T1. Now let’s see if the Silver line could handle that many additional people (ha)

Thanks for the info. What brought it to my attention was that last week they put up a new fence to the north of the loading docks and started to park the BTD equipment. Before it had been an open area filled with various freight trailors.

Thanks for the info. What brought it to my attention was that last week they put up a new fence to the north of the loading docks and started to park the BTD equipment. Before it had been an open area filled with various freight trailors.

A rendering of the proposed development. I believe that this is from the Pavilion across the roundabout, with a "placeholder" version of Parcel K to the right.

F6VOPXVB2II6TGHOSGSMIAB7ZA.jpg

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...f95hapq4YXUkwrqdFMOO/story.html?event=event25

I believe your correct or your enjoying your lobster next door. It's located at the corner of Northern Ave and the Massport Haul road. The low section is over the Ted Williams Tunnel and the highrise is between Channel and Harbor St's across from Harpoon.

A sampler frame has appeared at the site of the proposed Millennium Partners office/resarch building site.

IMG_8470 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

U4FAKQFBY4I6TGHOSGSMIAB7ZA.jpg

Image from the Globe.

The deal approved Thursday designates Eastern Salt as the long-term lease-rights holder for about 10 acres at the outermost section of the Raymond L. Flynn Marine Park, alongside Fid Kennedy Avenue.

With that vote, the final major pieces fell into place for the Massport Marine Terminal jigsaw puzzle. While Legal Sea Foods occupies one corner of the 40-acre property, most of it had been tied up for years in an unsuccessful deal with warehouse developer Cargo Ventures.
A deal with Cargo Ventures for a seven-acre slice fell apart, too. But Massport reached subsequent agreements with Pilot Development for that portion and an adjacent parcel. A seafood plant, currently used by Boston Sword & Tuna for its headquarters and processing, opened last year on one of the Pilot sites. Cape Cod Shellfish & Seafood Co. secured another piece. Only one acre near the Legal Sea Foods fish-processing facility still needs a developer designation.

The marine terminal area is largely landfill, built with dirt from Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority tunnel construction in the 1980s that filled out what had once been a set of “finger piers.”

[Massport]approved Eastern Salt Co.’s proposal to use a section to unload and distribute road salt to customers south and west of the city. In return, Eastern Salt will spend tens of millions of dollars to restore the deep-water dock known as the North Jetty for the Lowell company’s use. It will also make the jetty available for other industrial users, to bring in heavy machinery or power plant equipment, for example.

Replace one of the buildings in the photo with the Moakley Courthouse and you have a fairly good depiction of what Fan Pier looked like just merely about 10 years ago.
I believe this area is limited to industrial uses- so it will never be the Seaport.

I believe this area is limited to industrial uses- so it will never be the Seaport.

Oh I agree, I was simply commenting that the first thought that came to mind when seeing the photo was that it reminded me of how Fan Pier looked not all that long ago (i.e., a swath of mud lots). I wasn't trying to insinuate that the same would happen here.

Back