Marine Industrial Park | Seaport

Not sure if anyone has been down there recently but the Harborwalk on the 88 Black Falcon side, all the way out at the end of the pier, was badly damaged. The concrete and pavement is badly pushed in and the wood is damaged. I wonder if that cargo ship that broke loose a few weeks back struck this.

Not sure if anyone has been down there recently but the Harborwalk on the 88 Black Falcon side, all the way out at the end of the pier, was badly damaged. The concrete and pavement is badly pushed in and the wood is damaged. I wonder if that cargo ship that broke loose a few weeks back struck this.

Correct. It did.

Amazing that didn't get more attention/coverage. There is some serious structural damage there that Massport will have to fix. Go down there on a weekend and there are dozens of people fishing off that pier.

Could this become an underground parking garage with a park on top???
kreiter_drydock1_biz[1][1]

turn the pit into a greenhouse/aviary/lepidopterarium - this would be a year-round attraction, pulling people further out into the seaport, and would be an alternative or compliment to the aquarium. the roof covering could look like the winter garden (or fancier). the surface level docks could be mixed parks/museums/commercial

thanks for all the pics, beeline, btw

Botanical_Garden_V.L._Komarov_Botanical_Institute-58732b853df78c17b6262a72.jpg

westmount-greenhouse3.jpg

38857254684_8e37f9ed63_b.jpg

I don't want to think about what it would take to keep a glass enclosure free of salt grime down so close to the water. But it would be sweet to have something like that.

I haven't been down there in forever. Thank you for the pix, BeeLine. As telling as always.

Back