Marine Industrial Park | Seaport

Millennium Partners has fiiled plans for a 201,000 sqft intermodal marine industrial facility anchored by Stavis Seafoods (90k sqft).

Located at 5 Fid Kennedy Ave.

111816stavis

This site really needs more street level retail.

JK

31044746000_9ddcbd26be_b.jpg

30592759794_3e949cdfdd_b.jpg

30592757404_c038ddb17c_b.jpg

31299234581_36414d6500_b.jpg

31413920775_46c1e27387_b.jpg

31299232111_b0db8da637_b.jpg

31413918135_ecbfbbbb67_b.jpg

31044732430_be07a8a216_b.jpg

31413915795_a8b01f9f26_b.jpg

31044730670_6ac52327f5_b.jpg

31299226801_70e84c4a5f_b.jpg

Awesome industrial building in the first four photos. Will love to see it when refurbished.

Does anyone know what is going on at drydock 4? They have been working at the site for some time now, but recently some major changes have occurred. New jersy barriers, with a chainlink fence, have been installed along the esst side of the drydock. At the end of the drydocks eastern pier new pillings have been driven and it looks like they maybe extending the pier.

Could this be the heliport????

https://flic.kr/p/RqjMku

https://flic.kr/p/RDQ3bt

^ That is the pier that was last mentioned as a site for the heliport. Directly opposite the Hyatt at Logan.

No, I thought the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion pier is where the helipad was proposed?

No, I thought the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion pier is where the helipad was proposed?

Same location. Blue Hills Bank Pavilion is at the land-side start of the Drydock 4 Pier.

Herald today confirmed that is the primary target location for the helipad.

"Possible landing site

The front-runner for a heliport in the city is Dry Dock 4 and the pier, located adjacent to the Blue Hills Bank Pavilion in the Seaport."

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2017/01/helipad_attempts_liftoff

Was down in this area recently. Two things struck me.

1) The is so much untapped and underdeveloped waterfront land back here. I wish they'd start moving faster, although I know MassPort owns all this and they are in no rush to get developers in here.

2) An entire MassPort parking lot is still filled with the Grand Prix jersey barriers. What a joke. Shouldn't Mayor Marty be handling these and not sticking them on MassPort land since that was his sham and debacle.

Was down in this area recently. Two things struck me.

1) The is so much untapped and underdeveloped waterfront land back here. I wish they'd start moving faster, although I know MassPort owns all this and they are in no rush to get developers in here.

2) An entire MassPort parking lot is still filled with the Grand Prix jersey barriers. What a joke. Shouldn't Mayor Marty be handling these and not sticking them on MassPort land since that was his sham and debacle.

I think about this all the time. There is TONS of land down here. If you were to develop the space, it would be like a mini city it's so big.

Walking it made it seem so vast. There are some spots where you can literally walk up the waters edge unobstructed and 2/3 vast lots that are chained off by Massport that are on the water's edge

Isn't there some statutory requirement that a lot of this land can only be used for marine oriented businesses? I think that is the big barrier to development.

It would be in the interest of the city and the state to put cheap, office/tech space here while they figured out what to do with it.

I'd like to see the Silver Line tunnel converted to light rail/bus combo use, and the light rail line extended to Marine Industrial Park. It could logically end at Marine Park in South Boston. This would give South Boston as well as this new developing area prime transit coverage. Of course I would also want the Silver Line (Light Rail) Tunnel extended west from South Station to connect with the Green Line at Boylston station.

Back