Marine Industrial Park | Seaport

Kind of wish the outside of the Cannistraro had been left as it was with only new windows and a cleaned up ground floor. Could have been a nice contrast of modernized interior with an industrial gritty exterior.

It's an early 1940s era building from when this was an Army supply base. MHC has it listed as a heavy fabrication shop because of the location next to the dry dock and the really huge open span. As I recall, it's being renovated to house an HVAC manufacturer.

What exactly is this building?

It's an early 1940s era building from when this was an Army supply base. MHC has it listed as a heavy fabrication shop because of the location next to the dry dock and the really huge open span. As I recall, it's being renovated to house an HVAC manufacturer.

Good to hear that some more light industrial is moving into the Marine Industrial Park. But I thought there were restrictions on the types of businesses that could locate there -- they are supposed to have a maritime focus, or am I incorrect about the restrictions?

Maritime use in the marine park sounds right to me, tool. I'm not sure how that was dealt with. Be interested to know if someone else does.

Good to hear that some more light industrial is moving into the Marine Industrial Park. But I thought there were restrictions on the types of businesses that could locate there -- they are supposed to have a maritime focus, or am I incorrect about the restrictions?

Lol calling that piece of grass "Dry Dock Plaza Park" is hysterical. Its literally about 25 feet of grass with an off set of stairs to climb to see into the dry dock.

Nice but boring. I do like the site plan. I think the small spaces will be well used. I also think this could have included a taller tower given how close it is to the T.

Can't get much height here. This is pretty height restricted airspace, just off the approach/departure alignment for Logan's main parallel runways 4/22. Restriction is either 150 or 175 ft.

I wish they'd find a way to activate the area better on the weekends. Since its zoned for all industrial/maritime use, the area will probably remain desolate on the weekends, which is such a shame because there are some unbelievable waterfront views down there.

I wish they'd find a way to activate the area better on the weekends. Since its zoned for all industrial/maritime use, the area will probably remain desolate on the weekends, which is such a shame because there are some unbelievable waterfront views down there.

You mean something like the plan from the Trustees of Reservations https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2017/08/02/this-defunct-dry-dock-could-city-next-great-park/3v1qFRRuuIxhkLPLssMrNM/story.html:

drydock1_biz.jpg

Would be a great place to enjoy views of the city along the waterfront. Plenty of opportunity to mix in some uses that are both recreational and that would be attractions.

Back