Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

Looks like The Wilbur's digital sign is going to be blocked by the hotel; I wonder if the hotel will be a good sport and post Wilbur event info on their new multistory-corner sign, or somehow extend this original one outward?

Looks like The Wilbur's digital sign is going to be blocked by the hotel; I wonder if the hotel will be a good sport and post Wilbur event info on their new multistory-corner sign, or somehow extend this original one outward?

The platform infront of the sign is a construction staging area not part of the building. dirtywater's rendering is correct.

The platform infront of the sign is a construction staging area not part of the building. dirtywater's rendering is correct.

Cool, thanks guys. It looked like re-shores/forms for cast in place concrete, so I thought it was part of the building.

Either way, having both the Moxy's corner sign and the Wilbur sign there (plus the new W sign) will really enliven this corner!

j95xx07h.jpg

does that seem like a big core for the footprint, or is that normal? Seems like I've seen a few larger structures with smaller cores, but maybe my eyes are playing tricks.

You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have buildings with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

does that seem like a big core for the footprint, or is that normal? Seems like I've seen a few larger structures with smaller cores, but maybe my eyes are playing tricks.

It is a large core for the footprint, yes.

The building is so small that they're using an oversized core to act as the shear walls:

qV00KWA.png

Though, judging by the photos, it appears that the core design changed from these very rough SD plans. During construction documents, it seems they bit the bullet and shrunk the core into a closed rectangle, thus closing off some of their open spaces.

Note the hotel room doors as part of the core:

LbNNLkh.png

Last edited:
The building is so small that they're using an oversized core to act as the shear walls:

Though, judging by the photos, it appears that the core design changed from these very rough SD plans. During construction documents, it seems they bit the bullet and shrunk the core into a closed rectangle, thus closing off some of their open spaces.

Gotcha, thanks so much for the explanation. This type of insight is what makes this forum so great.

Note the hotel room doors as part of the core:

Thanks Data,

Also, note, the core size makes a lot more sense once you go up a few more levels and the floor plate size dramatically increases once the overhangs start happening.

Thanks DD

Can anyone explain the slow progress in the last ~8 weeks?

Also thanks to DD from me.

I don't know why it had slowed down several weeks ago, but the last couple weeks it has picked up speed. Most of the core you're looking at is very recent.

Back