Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

That screen will be partially visible pretty far down the common, especially at night. I like it.

I think it’s time to redesign kneeland and Stuart, get rid of parking and put in some protected bike lanes. At least up to Washington St, since that’s the tail end of what could be a very good commuter route up Columbus to Washington street. Stretch is very dangerous right now.

I know the double vertical mullions are to allow the screen supports to reach out ... but they should have carried them up the whole building. That add just the one last little touch of texture this wall needs.

cca

Is the core actually topped out? Looks to me like it's still going up.

*yawn* I guess the lighting is supposed to forgive this blandness?

I think its perfect for the area. You have 45 province in white, forget the name of that half glass half precast tower thats new, and the W. You always need an all glass box facade to add some balance when theres a bunch of different shapes/colors going on. It balances it out, its a grounding piece. This is true anywhere London needs a few boxes to clean that up. Remember, the renders show this having white trim as well on the ground floor and for the roof. This white will go across the bottom of the glass on the front and vertically up the sides. Then the whole roof is clad in this. Then the purple moxy wall at ground floor, that corner piece, and vertical led lighting at the base.

Exterior-Moxy-Rendering-Image-02-768x1024.jpg

https://postimage.org/

58bdbefb04ad0_rsz_rendering_tremont_and_stuart_corner.jpeg

I'm kind of liking this. Not the most thrilling, no, but as stick says it's a nice addition to the area. Of course, being slender helps.

Back