MassDOT Pike Parcels 12 - 15 | Boylston St. and Mass. Ave | Back Bay

From other renderings looks like they are proposing option 5.
I do like Beton's 4A the best though.

which option is THE ONE??

do the nimby's get to pick?

there's a nauseating thought.

btw, that's a nice urban canyon setting up there.

ugh, I thought this was already approved and a done deal. Never trust in air rights, I guess.

I do like Beton's 4A the best though.

Scheme #5 can work just fine if the grammar of the Boylston Street facade is carried up the tower clearly and purposefully. Adding a curved element to the tower that connects it to the sinuous mass below will make it seem less of an afterthought. Radical change isn’t necessary, just a smart continuation of the scheme’s overall subtlety.

Why is there parking included? Are the garages nearby ever full?

Anyone catch this? They're going form:
156 hotel units -> 175-200
173 rental+condo units -> 125-150
Total housing units might decrease 329 -> 300-350
.5sp/rental & 1sp/condo -> 1.75sp/condo

The parking change is absolutely nuts. 1.75 per condo? Where in CoB is there anywhere near that much parking

I don't mind parking per se, it's the amount that's questionable.
They changed their proposal from '.5sp/rental & 1sp/condo' to '1.75sp/condo'.

I don't mind parking per se, it's the amount that's questionable.
They changed their proposal from '.5sp/rental & 1sp/condo' to '1.75sp/condo'.

That's probably the only way this is going to be economically feasible.

This looks cool and all but parcel 12 is twin towers now. This area is gonna be badass in 5 years. Right now its a crossroads soon it wont be at all.

^^key word.... 5 years. The Seaport is rising. But, my God, construction outside of the Seaport continues to move ahead at an abysmal pace.

Thank God i get out for 5 or 6 months in a strech....

Last edited:
^^key word.... 5 years. The Seaport is rising. But, my God, construction outside of the Seaport continues to move ahead at an abysmal pace.

Prison furlough?

Did you miss the moxy, uhhh 4 seasons is kind of a big deal donno if u noticed that, fenway, mt, hub on causeway?

I hope I'm wrong. But,five years sounds optimistic considering its getting late in the cycle and there has been no movement on any of these parcels in the 10 years this thread has been active.

I hope one project is at least U/C in 5 years.

Viola is supposed to be. The rest dont have a start date yet but lets hope. If not viola is a good start one of the 2 holes will be filled in.

The Seaport is Clapton, his wah wah pedal and Ginger Baker. The rest of the City is an inscrutable cadence. i started to write a longer post with a list of projects that either are progressing too slowly, or seem to be. With the list, i think you can make the case – but it didn't belong on this thread.

i'll put it up on the 'development chart' thread when it's ready. With a complete list it's easier to push the position of 'get on with it already,' and let you all make the call.

Yea but without any list just look around and for a very small city a lot of buildings have been going up over the past few years now.

Guys, isn't this discussion in the wrong thread? I thought Viola had its own thread.

Did you miss the moxy, uhhh 4 seasons is kind of a big deal donno if u noticed that, fenway, mt, hub on causeway?

All of the infill and large scale developments in Dorchester and throughout the other neighborhoods, too.

Back