MBTA Commuter Rail (Operations, Keolis, & Short Term)

Do we have any numbers for S Attleboro yet? I only remember someone's anecdotal report up thread. (Actually, I suppose I could swing by there on errands today, though probably numbers will be depressed due to the Fourth.)

Do we have any numbers for S Attleboro yet? I only remember someone's anecdotal report up thread. (Actually, I suppose I could swing by there on errands today, though probably numbers will be depressed due to the Fourth.)

It was my earlier post about counting just three cars in the S Attleboro lot on Friday, June 14th at 9am. It would appear that few are using it. Its reduced schedule and fees to park probably are a factor in this. To my knowledge, the Pawtucket station is still yet to charge for parking which it had indicated would eventually happen. As long as Pawtucket has a more frequent schedule and free parking, S Attleboro is not likely to see a lot of passengers.

Came across a fascinating photo on Facebook earlier this week. (Shared in a private group, so won’t repost it here, though I’m sure any number of our intrepid photographers here might be able to snap their own.) Apparently at Readville there’s a new, rather elaborate piece of signage that lines out the services available on each platform (2 for Providence/Stoughton, 3 for via Back Bay, 4 for Fairmount, and 5 for Franklin/Foxboro, both directions). It actually uses some of the design language from the individual subway line maps with faded sections indicating stations unreachable from that platform (eg outer stations on an inbound platform).

And I actually just noticed: it uses the “white box black circle” symbol for transfer stations — which was used for the Cambridge Seven spider diagram and the early 2000’s diagram, but which hasn’t been used for a while.

The sign itself is cool, IMO, and it also makes me wonder what might be going on behind the scenes/in store.

Back