MCCA Hotels: Aloft & Element | 371-401 D Street | South Boston

Both hotels now open. I believe that XYZ bar has not opened, yet. As of now, it will be beer and wine; it's petitioning for a full liquor license.

Happy to report that WXYZ bar at Aloft is open for your drinking pleasure. Contrary to my belief, they have a full liquor license, not just beer and wine.

The bar is supposed to start having live music at some point. I've suggested they book Gentlemen Hall.

For any beer snobs out there: the little package store that opened next to the hotels has an excellent beer selection.

We're generally happy with Seaport Wine & Spirits, in Flats on D, next to Aloft. It's a tiny store but lots of wine choices. Didn't notice the beer selection. I like my liquor like I like my men ...

I wish they had a bit more of a food selection, but of course they're not set up for that, nor would there necessarily have enough foot-traffic to make it work. These are the same people who own Fort Point Market, apparently, but it has less space. There are some frozen foods but little in the way of other food. They sell Kit Kats but no other sweets??!

Back