Meadow Glen Mall Redevelopment | Medford

The last I heard was in late February when Wegmans had opened a recruiting and training office he in the office buildings near Wellington, and had undertaken the process of hiring 200 full-time Associates and training them

The Stop & Shop nearby on Fellsway West at Salem St will be closing. The one that used to be a Foodmaster. Maybe the first casualty?

The Stop & Shop nearby on Fellsway West at Salem St will be closing. The one that used to be a Foodmaster. Maybe the first casualty?
I doubt they're closing pre-emptively. If there were a risk, you'd wait for it to be confirmed when the Wegman's opened. So I'd conclude the S&S was doomed by current factors, not future. I frankly don't see how Star/S&S survive (or at least as many as we have now) pinched between Market Basket, Trader Joes, & Whole Foods.

I doubt they're closing pre-emptively. If there were a risk, you'd wait for it to be confirmed when the Wegman's opened. So I'd conclude the S&S was doomed by current factors, not future. I frankly don't see how Star/S&S survive (or at least as many as we have now) pinched between Market Basket, Trader Joes, & Whole Foods.

Not to mention another Stop and Shop right across the river...

To become a Target [source: BBJ]

Are they expanding into an abutting storefront too? Opening a 32,000sqft store in an existing 25,000sqft spot?

The other Target (in Stoneham), is that the former Shaw's or one of the other vacant storefronts at Redstone?

That is not well connected to transit. I wonder how many parking spaces? 500 or more?

134 bus at the mall will get you to Wellington in about 10 minutes. It's not great, but doable.

134 bus at the mall will get you to Wellington in about 10 minutes. It's not great, but doable.

Google says 15 minutes, which I would pad with at least another 5 minutes. And headway is 30-45 minutes even during peak. Definitely not great.

I did that commute in 2002 and it was about 10 minutes on the bus, but that was 17 years ago.

I did that commute in 2002 and it was about 10 minutes on the bus, but that was 17 years ago.

10-15 is about right. I have a friend who lives at the Lumiere Apartments next door and bikes to Wellington. Say's it's +/- 10 minutes and an easy ride through the reservation. it'd be about a 20 or so minute walk. It's certainly an autocentric area, but that commute isn't awful.

10-15 is about right. I have a friend who lives at the Lumiere Apartments next door and bikes to Wellington. Say's it's +/- 10 minutes and an easy ride through the reservation. it'd be about a 20 or so minute walk. It's certainly an autocentric area, but that commute isn't awful.

I hadn't thought of the reservation. That does make for a nice bike ride.

Back