Midtown Hotel Redevelopment | 220 Huntington Avenue | Back Bay

I'll say what I want.

Your comments on this matter are childish and an insult to those who are trying to earn a living in digital/print media. Your whining about the red and orange line car procurement/production for the last 5 years - or however long it has been - is equally annoying. If you don't like it and have nothing constructive to contribute in response to it, just ignore it - like I'm about to do with you.

as someone in the above demo (trying to earn a living in digital/print media) i couldn't agree with you more. plus, "Jahovon09"'s posts are, in addition to being endlessly pointless/negative/dull, repetitive AF -- how many times can he/she describe something as a "shit hole???" (btw, it's just one word: shithole)

I’m always careful to pile on others, simply because I’m a believer in karma in the sense that I’ll say the one wrong thing and then it flies back in my face.

With that said, I agree with the above posters. The OL trains are coming in sporadically and will fully be in operation in due time. RL as well. But throwing a tantrum on a message board isn’t going to do much of anything. And stamping one’s feet during a pandemic only makes that said complainer look selfish.

Over the last few weeks, people have seen my Pats/Revs/Seaport posts. It’s a stone in my shoe. But I’m well aware that when the time comes to build a new Gillette, I won’t necessarily get my way via voicing my opinion on a Architectural message board. Sometimes you have to compromise and say “let’s try Westwood Station and rebuild that right?”

Anyways, I’m yammering. It’s a specialty of mine. But believe it or not, as bleak as things seem right now, Massachusetts is getting better. NIMBYism isn’t as big of an issue as it was back in the 1990’s. Incrementalism is painful but when a project gets completed or an agreement is reached, you start to realize why these development and transit projects take so long. Appreciate it for what it is.

Or complain whenever a new stock of OL cars aren’t going into service when you want them to? Whatevs.

So back on topic guys, is that image posted from the article of this project actually a go?

If so, it looks pretty. I hate to be a height fetishist here.. but I think if part of this super block was 22 stories near Hungtington (100% Residential), it would look great.

So back on topic guys, is that image posted from the article of this project actually a go?

If so, it looks pretty. I hate to be a height fetishist here.. but I think if part of this super block was 22 stories near Hungtington (100% Residential), it would look great.
They are going for an entirely "by-right" project with no ZBA zoning variances so expect a 10 story max building. The image posted was at least the development vision they presented this spring to the city.

PNF:

This looks nice. Note also that The Huntington appears in some renders.

1604341185397.png

1604341203482.png

1604341251526.png

1604341301423.png

1604341321761.png

1604341339890.png

1604341358592.png

1604341375796.png

1604341403870.png

1604341420367.png

1604341432595.png

1604341446786.png

The materials look OK, but this resembles the residential version of the Partners Building (or whatever it's called now) in Assembly. I hate these walls that visually cut off entire neighborhoods. Other than the shadow boogeyman, a 10 story wall is every bit as oppressive as a 100 story wall would be. Proportions matter, or at least they should.

Can someone identify that tall building next to the Symphony towers shown in the first and second to last perspective renderings? Another NEU project?

And seeing how this is sited to the northwest of the residential block, the shadow issue feels pretty moot. The morning and afternoon light should still be fine.

Can someone identify that tall building next to the Symphony towers shown in the first and second to last perspective renderings? Another NEU project?

And seeing how this is sited to the northwest of the residential block, the shadow issue feels pretty moot. The morning and afternoon light should still be fine.
As said in Equilibria's post, its "The Huntington" aka 252-264 Huntington (http://www.bostonplans.org/projects/development-projects/252-264-huntington-avenue). Its a stalled project, last filings with the city was December 2019 and then COVID happened. But developers are known for showing other large proposed projects as a way of making theirs look smaller and "fit the neighborhood context" etc. Not really necessary as much with a 10 story building.

Edit - Looks like HelloBostonHi beat me to it, but he posted the plans and I posted the thread.

For a landscraper, its pretty nice.

What's important is that it's going up in a neighborhood that's been dominated by landscapers for 50 years.

Any chance at all that the rooftop pool could be open to the public?

I like it. What a beneficial change it will create.

Gorgeous design. A win for the whole area. Even the neighbors - this is very low yet beautiful.

The addition of the green median is GREAT. Huntington Ave. is a cement jungle now - this should help. Make them stick to it. Also, the protected bike lane is solid.

I am sad to see 1 Cumberland go, but this is a solid addition. Really good use of the space and limited height.

Back