Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millennium Tower - Filene's

Oh my...could it be? We may actually see a tower in my life time in Boston that exceeds 600'?!?! What alternate universe did I all of a sudden wake up in?

Does anyone know what that elevator shaft was for and why it ran express to floor 7?

I would expect that it opens inward to the Burnham building on all floors and what you interpret here as an express elevator is merely a portal added later on to provide roof access to the building that used to be there.

This is really exciting is there any news on when the official groundbreaking will be?

Concrete barrier now running down Summer and Washington, fruit/veggie guy moved to outside barrier:

MlxXvzC.jpg

I noticed a lot of the food vendors have moved from this stretch to Washington Street going toward Temple Place. I thought Temple place was much more active than it usually is this afternoon and I think this is why.

Take your guesses now! Will this and the other Millenium Place down the street help revitalize DTX in 5-10 years? I say, yes!

That Corner Mall sign looks atrocious.

Atrocious but also awesomely '80s in that Fast Times mall culture sort of way.

On flickr click the "share" button. At the bottom of the popup there is a "Grab the HTML/BBCode" link. Click that, choose bbcode, copy the text, and paste it here.

IMG_20130507_115756_969 by corey_pouliot, on Flickr

Nice. Thank you. That is much better than a link. It has been so long since I posted a photo I forgot how to!

Thanks. This office will have an awesome view of this project.
I hope to go back for "follow ups" with the customer, but really it is just to get more pics. lol

It's too bad they are not going to keep that 1919 facade... much nicer looking than the sterile blue glass they plan to use on the ground floor.

I need to pay that parking garage's roof a visit.

I need to pay that parking garage's roof a visit.

I've never gotten harassed there either *knock on wood*. Just be sensible. You really can't get a better view of Filene's than from up there. =)

To me, this picture just screams skatepark. All that smooth brick, perfect line of jersey barriers....

Concrete barrier now running down Summer and Washington, fruit/veggie guy moved to outside barrier:

MlxXvzC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back