Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millennium Tower - Filene's

I would be really interested to see the floor plans they are developing for Arnold. Many of us who work in office buildings are used to having the core with elevators and stairwells in the center with workspace wrapping around. The building has no such core and the elevator shafts were on the "pit" side and removed. Where will new ones go? How will they utilize that space? Where are all of the mechanicals go?

I would be really interested to see the floor plans they are developing for Arnold. Many of us who work in office buildings are used to having the core with elevators and stairwells in the center with workspace wrapping around. The building has no such core and the elevator shafts were on the "pit" side and removed. Where will new ones go? How will they utilize that space? Where are all of the mechanicals go?
They will be adding a core.

This all can be seen in the NPC: http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...Millennium Tower and Burnham Building_NPC.pdf

Ground:
G_zps8dcd68f6.png

Typ/8th Fl:
8_zps03f8ecb8.png

Roche bros was proposed for the Burnham building and not the tower right?

I can't think of any 600+ footer anywhere with a grocery store in the first floor

Montreal has a 550 footer going up with a grocery store.

I'm sure Toronto and NYC have a few as well. Plus, there is also the podium retail space immediately adjacent to the Burnham Building that is not directly under the tower.

Shaws in Copley has cabs lined up ready to transport people with grocerys...I wonder how that will work logistically here...probably have a lot more lined up at shoppers park?

They should move the drop off/pick up for the 92/93 and continue the #4's route to the seaport...this would free up that block, alleviate some some seaport congestion, and create and 1 seat ride from Charlestown to the seaport.

If the planners were wise, they'd put the grocery store below level with entrances off the Downtown Crossing "T" platforms and escalators down from street level. This would free up square footage on the 1st floor for more small business retailers/restaurants and have a more regional impact on grocery service for commuters heading home from downtown.

If the planners were wise, they'd put the grocery store below level with entrances off the Downtown Crossing "T" platforms and escalators down from street level. This would free up square footage on the 1st floor for more small business retailers/restaurants and have a more regional impact on grocery service for commuters heading home from downtown.

Exactly ...like they do in Europe! ;-)

Yep, The Time Warner Center is about 750 feet tall and it has a Whole Foods. That is the one I go to. It is constantly busy during the day, but between 6-8pm it is very busy with the after work crowd and on weekends it get super packed with tourists picking up stuff to eat while they hang out in the park. With the proximity to Boston Common, the supermarket in the Millennium building could serve that purpose for Boston as well.

Mayor Thomas M. Menino’s administration has agreed to give a $7.8 million tax break to help with the $630 million redevelopment of the former Filene’s property into a towering complex of offices, stores and luxury homes.
The tax deal will help with a new version of the development being led by Millennium Partners, another New York firm that is scheduled to formally break ground on its project Tuesday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...y-tax-break/u2lKKjXYQ0UC3V1GOYptSI/story.html

What happened to all the BID money DTX? LOL Create more jobs. This is more like lowering the construction costs for Millennium Partners then Millennium present a kickback to Menino (White Envelope)

Menino is the definition of Detroit.

Menino is going to be on Millenium's Board of Directors within one year. 5 bucks anyone?

The word I've been hearing is that these tax breaks are being passed along in the form of rent/incentives to BRA's tenants of choice, notably Arnold and Roche Bros. Just rumors? We may know later today in any case, if anything is announced at the groundbreaking.

I seriously have heard enough on this board comparing Boston to Detroit to last me a freaking lifetime over here.

I seriously have heard enough on this board comparing Boston to Detroit to last me a freaking lifetime over here.

The only reason Boston doesn't resemble Detroit is because of MIT & Harvard and the rest of the secondary schools. The entire city has become a college town. North End, South End, Allston, Beacon Hill, BackBay, Comm Ave, rent their houses out for 3000-7000 a month to college kids.

Then outside of that certain college area of Boston the rest is a slum!!!!!!!!!

The politics that Run Boston are exactly what brought Detroit to its knees.

Now the city of Boston has become Non-profit with nobody paying real estate taxes but a few and that is why BRA & Boston famous dip-shit Mayor creates an alternative tax called BID but then gives tax breaks to his develooper friends developing in the same exact area they are extorting money from the productive. MAKES SENSE for the political corrupt.

Thats called extortion by the educated person.

BEEP BEEP

The only reason Boston doesn't resemble Detroit is because of MIT & Harvard and the rest of the secondary schools. The entire city has become a college town. North End, South End, Allston, Beacon Hill, BackBay, Comm Ave, rent their houses out for 3000-7000 a month to college kids.

Then outside of that certain college area of Boston the rest is a slum!!!!!!!!!

The politics that Run Boston are exactly what brought Detroit to its knees.

Now the city of Boston has become Non-profit with nobody paying real estate taxes but a few and that is why BRA & Boston famous dip-shit Mayor creates an alternative tax called BID but then gives tax breaks to his develooper friends developing in the same exact area they are extorting money from the productive. MAKES SENSE for the political corrupt.

Thats called extortion by the educated people.

BEEP BEEP

False...Boston doesn't resemble Detroit...not even a little bit...some of your points make sense about non-profit and college kids living everywhere but the rest sounds like an angry rant...and you should probably move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back