Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millennium Tower - Filene's

I still don't understand which building the grocery store is going into...Burnham or the tower.

So we'll assume a department store for the tower?

I should add that the original talks/rumors for the grocery store were for the Burnham building. This might not be the case anymore. The retail between the tower and Burnham building appears to all be connected though, at least according to the NPC which only shows Shell & Core and not Tenant Fit-Outs. The combined retail space is simply massive though and I would hope they are planning to stick the store in the basement of the Burnham, connect it to the Concourse and then put a department store above.

The reporting of tenants that has been going on lately is very confusing as a whole. Articles have also said that Arnold will "occupy floors in the tower" when the tower actually has no office space (it is a residential tower). Arnold is a signed tenant for the Burnham building office space.

Shouldn't a grocery store here be able to draw from all over the inner Boston metro area just by being at the junction of all subway lines? It's nice to have residential nearby but I don't see how it's essential in order to make the store profitable.

They said grocery store should open sometime next year and the tower's currently not under construction (or just started yesterday?), so I'm assuming it's the basement of the Burnham.

They said grocery store should open sometime next year and the tower's currently not under construction (or just started yesterday?), so I'm assuming it's the basement of the Burnham.

The stories I was reading yesterday kicked around a "mid-2015" date, so that could be either.

FYI...the city yesterday issued permits for pile driving and lagging work at 1 Franklin so it looks like the tower is starting.

FYI...the city yesterday issued permits for pile driving and lagging work at 1 Franklin so it looks like the tower is starting.
Edit: I'm oblivious to the world.

Last edited:

Yup. Huge crane already on site!! Watched them raise it on my way into the office this morning.

The white Marr crane at Hawley and Franklin streets? That has been there for almost a week now. I have an excellent view of the site from my office.

The white Marr crane at Hawley and Franklin streets? That has been there for almost a week now. I have an excellent view of the site from my office.

Wow my bad. I've been rather oblivious the past week.

Agree or disagree with the tax breaks this project get's from the city, love the design or hate the design, one thing for sure, this project is a game-changer for the city of Boston, one which will end up transforming the core of what was once Boston's premier gathering spot.

This AM I spoke to the electrical contractor that will be doing all the site electrical (i.e., not the interior electrical, but the utility hookups). He saw the latest construction schedule on Monday. It shows the tower and Burnham buildings going up simultaneously (i.e., the tower starts now - I know some people have questioned that). It also has the Roche Brothers receiving a C.O. September of 2014.

Anyone who works out at the BSC in DTX will have a perfect elevated view of this project. I look forward to seeing it rise from the treadmill.

For further clarification, here is a copy of the press release issued by Millennium yesterday.

Press release states that tower construction has commenced.

Also states MP is more than 80 percent sold.

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2013/09/17/2963080/millennium-partners-celebrates.html

Also, this story details the Roche Bros. store.

http://bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2013/09/grocer_supplies_tower_s_vision

- Targetting 2015 open

- 30,000 square feet in Burnham, with 10,000 square foot option for lower level of tower

The Herald has cleaned the Globe's clock on this story.

Last edited:

Shopper's Park is now closed off. That portion Franklin Street has also been reduced to one lane. Previously the fence was at the curb after the T entrance, but now it's actually in the street.

20130919_090401_zpscee6bb6c.jpg

Is the T entrance closed too?

It is fully open and operational. The fence cuts back around the escalator and elevator headhouses and then juts back out into the road.

I would like them to hurry up. I want to see something getting built. I wonder if they need any help. I am free from 4pm on construction team just give me the heads up. Let's get this built

I would like them to hurry up. I want to see something getting built. I wonder if they need any help. I am free from 4pm on construction team just give me the heads up. Let's get this built

No joke, there is actually a box with Suffolk Construction job applications located at the T entrance on Washington St (the one that is in the wall of Filenes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back