Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a slightly different subject, I made a model for this building on the Boston city diagram on SkyscraperPage - feedback is welcome! http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=145

This is my first time doing models like these, but I might try to add some of the proposed/approved towers to help fill-out the Boston diagram.

It looks pretty solid. One thing worth mentioning is it actually might be drawn too short if the rumor of the extra mechanical height is true. (this being the entire top section I think?) I'd say revisit this once the tower is done and see if it's still to scale.

It looks pretty solid. One thing worth mentioning is it actually might be drawn too short if the rumor of the extra mechanical height is true. (this being the entire top section I think?) I'd say revisit this once the tower is done and see if it's still to scale.

It looks short to me as well, but in the database the height is listed at 190.6m (625ft), which means that my model has to be scaled to 191px tall. If it's taller than that they do not accept the drawing. If the project does become taller I'll re-submit :)

On a slightly different subject, I made a model for this building on the Boston city diagram on SkyscraperPage - feedback is welcome! http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=145

This is my first time doing models like these, but I might try to add some of the proposed/approved towers to help fill-out the Boston diagram.

You should throw Tommy's tower on there just so Boston makes it a little closer to the first page.

Can you imagine if we got all these, north station, Copley, back bay station tower, south station tower AND Winthrop sq. tower taller than them all???? I get giddy just thinking of it!

You should throw Tommy's tower on there just so Boston makes it a little closer to the first page.

It's there, just doesn't show up by default since it's a "stale" proposal: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=46900

Anyways, back on topic I'm definitely interested to see if the elevation of the site will make the MT a bit taller - it's about 16 ft higher than the Hancock building at the base, so it could stand out a bit more than the diagram suggests.

I walked by this last night and it's surrounded by the big yellow metal "walls" on all sides. Actually starting to look pretty amazing up close even though it's still just the podium.

I noticed that on the Hawley side, it appears there are 2 distinct floors that match up to the first of the 3 uncladded floors on the old building. I guess that's part of the challenge of building it on a hill. Sorry I don't have any pictures but I recommend seeing this building for yourselves because it really is a sight to behold.

Definitely. Now that the Peri LPS is completely surrounding the Hawley and Franklin sides, you can get an amazing feel for the massing and how the street wall will feel. I highly recommend everyone to go down there and get a feel of this major progress.

Havas moved in this morning to great fanfare.

Pix from the Millennium Tower Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/millenniumtowerrising

10550140_533593693453446_511430276781236371_o.jpg

10645321_533593696786779_3142956997640057040_n.jpg

10365609_533593700120112_3916774604306307910_o.jpg

So I randomly decided to check the retail leasing site and hit a gold mine of new info.

First some higher res photos of renders we have already seen:

uFT9oTb.jpg

xI13P9Q.jpg

Now the good stuff:

Updated Basement plan with Roche Bros layout

8BK4LQh.jpg

Updated Ground floor layout with Primark, Roche Bros, and open retail. Notice the new exterior shape on the tower pedestal and new Residential lobbies. Two separate lobbies? One for lower 30 and upper 30? I don't know.

kfRuJ5K.jpg

Second floor layout, notice the shape on the tower pedestal

WGRNTcb.jpg

Third floor

Y49WGHr.jpg

And I think the 4th floor is the same with Primark because this is the stack layout

wvowFid.jpg

And this used to have a blank spot where the tower is, so maybe this is an up to date render? (could just be a placeholder)

XhqJKoQ.jpg

And the site is here if you want to poke around

Here's a quick and dirty photoshop I made from an additional perspective:

c4L4FBE.jpg

Havas moved in this morning to great fanfare.

I haven't been paying attention to this area or aware of development in Boston for as long as most folks on this site have been, so you all are even more cognizant of the gravity of the situation, but... this is a big fucking deal. This building has been empty for too long, this area has been needing this for so long! We're not there yet, but this is a sign that we're finally on our way. Way to go Boston and Millennium.

I'm off at school out of Boston now, feel like I'm gonna come back and just be blown away by the progress developments are making across the city.

Thanks for the floor plans Mongo.
I'm confused though. All the media reports online state that Primark is going to occupy 70,000 square feet. However, unless my math is off the square footage as shown in the floor plans above add up to over 112,000 sf.
From what I understand this location is going to be their U.S. HQ. So maybe 70k sq is actual selling space with the additional sq for offices?

Thanks for the floor plans Mongo.
I'm confused though. All the media reports online state that Primark is going to occupy 70,000 square feet. However, unless my math is off the square footage as shown in the floor plans above add up to over 112,000 sf.
From what I understand this location is going to be their U.S. HQ. So maybe 70k sq is actual selling space with the additional sq for offices?

That makes sense, I thought the 4th floor was offices and not retail, so that must be offices.

So I randomly decided to check the retail leasing site and hit a gold mine of new info.

First some higher res photos of renders we have already seen:

uFT9oTb.jpg

Is that the current design? I though the edged out area on the south side was removed to give it more of a Hancock Tower look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back