Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this hit its one year mark of work yet? I cannot remember the actual date the project started up again.

Work restarted at the end of June, 2013 beginning with the (sad) removal of the 1905 facade. So yes. Well over a year.

The mat slab for the tower was poured on April 26-27, 2014. They've made fantastic progress in half a year since the pour. The slowest portion of the vertical construction is nearly done (podium/high-ceilinged amenities) and the residential floors should start to rise quickly.

Awesome pictures! One thing that really stood out to me when I walked by this last night is that it's the first time I felt like I was looking UP at it. They're hitting the mech floor then it should really start to take off after that.

The view from Franklin at Arch is pretty powerful now because the building is finally above the rest of the buildings on the Franklin crescent. It fills in the streetwall beautifully.

RIP awesome god-mode, top-down views from the garage. Nothing but looking up from now on.

They installed sod on the Burnham building roof Thursday and Friday.

Test Pic:

Yk0MgYj.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

First time using this site's photo posting, won't be surprised if I'm having an epic fail here. We'll see.

Mod Edit to correct image link.

As I suspected. Will contact moderator separately about the mismatch between FAQ instructions and what my computer actually shows me.

The roof looks good with sod, though.... wonder if they'll store a lawnmower up there or have a landscaping service bring one up on the fright elevator every week. Unusual property management issue.

Looks like the tower is starting to rise above the rest of the construction site now!! :cool:

They installed sod on the Burnham building roof Thursday and Friday.

Test Pic:

IMG_0435.jpg

First time using this site's photo posting, won't be surprised if I'm having an epic fail here. We'll see.

Use tinypic.com instead of Dropbox. You can't direct link to Dropbox because it is a secured site.

Not sure why they don't wait till the spring to install the turf. Seems too late but I don't know the heat coming off that roof

Use tinypic.com instead of Dropbox. You can't direct link to Dropbox because it is a secured site.

Dropbox is secured, but has a function to make individual pics accessible, and I thought I had completed that before posting the pic to this site. When that seemed not to work, I was going to take datadyne's suggestion to use tinypic, but when I logged on this morning to my work computer, I can see the pic in my original post. My work computer (Dell, on MS OS) is NOT linked to the dropbox account, which I just newly set up from and linked to my home computer (MacBook Pro, obviously on Apple OS). So I'm pretty certain I'm not seeing on this Dell because of some computer - dropbox back door link, I'm seeing it through the archBoston portal and from there into dropbox.

Can someone give me confirm they also see it, or confirm that it's still not showing to others? I refer to the post yesterday, nov 2, at 12:40PM. After that, I will stop cluttering up the thread with these posting tech questions, either by being already sorted out (if others can see it) or going the route suggested by datadyne (if not).

As I suspected. Will contact moderator separately about the mismatch between FAQ instructions and what my computer actually shows me.

The roof looks good with sod, though.... wonder if they'll store a lawnmower up there or have a landscaping service bring one up on the fright elevator every week. Unusual property management issue.

This is not grass. Green roofs are usually sedum planting that does not need cutting or trimming. They do need maintenance but not with equipment.

cca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back