Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Filene's

2329424440_45404a145d_o.jpg

Hey Toby! I think i can see you in the window!
2329422586_c9d03dee58_o.jpg

2329420802_12bd65f2e3_o.jpg

2328598057_10f7d073c3_o.jpg

From Washington St looking all the way over to Hawley St:
2328596283_56d4cd01b7_o.jpg

2328593965_a2f4188413_o.jpg

Statler,
The funny thing is that you almost could see me at the window! I have my tripod set up at one of my windows, with the camera pointing at the project and a wireless remote trigger. I wish it were a webcam!
Toby

Today's Hawley St forecast for 11:20 AM: Beware of scattered falling masonry and debris. Chance of Suffolk Construction pickup truck being struck by heavy precipitation: 100%. Chance that pedestrians must run for their lives: 100%. Chance of accumulation on Hawley St: 100% Accumulations will be quickly removed, and street will not be closed to pedestrians and traffic. Sorry...no video at 11.

^^^ Those warnings sound like progess to me :)

I was thinking this morning that out of all the approved towers I am especially glad that this is one of the first to go up. The view of the FD from the NW has always been the least desirable IMO. 1 Franklin should really take care of that.

Why aren't they closing the street if they are doing this kind of demolition?

It was an accident. Fortunately, no one was hurt. I'm sending Barb three photos from today. Two show the progress and the third is of a colleague holding a representative sample of the the type of chunks that fell. This one nailed a truck. It is my new paperweight!

Can you post the URLs of these photos so we can link to them from elsewhere (e.g. Universal Hub)? Who is Barb?

Barbaric Manchurian. Good guy. Very tolerant of my technical ineptitude.

Can you post the URLs of these photos so we can link to them from elsewhere (e.g. Universal Hub)? Who is Barb?

Ron, if you want an image's URL, all you have to do is right click on it and select properties. The URL is listed under "Image Properties" after "Location:".

I'm asking for the URLs of tobyjug's three photos, that he mentioned at 4:51 pm. He did not tell us where to find them. I'd like to link to them.

I e-mailed the jpegs to Barb. He's probably having a night on the town. Good for him!
Toby

Freaky! An HO scale model of Washington and Franklin Sts!

Well it's not real, it uses a cool photoshop technique that I forgot the name of (photography geeks, what is it called?).

Very Very Cool.

It is called "Tilt Shift"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back