Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on FB too, which begs the question: How many floors are they skipping in this count? According to Beeline's latest pics (and my most recent visit to see MT this weekend) there are 13 glazed floors above the 5 huge podium floors, and 1 indented floor. That's 19, so apparently they are making up 5 extra floors that don't really exist?

Let's think about this another way. There's what, 55-56 floors for the whole building? That's over 12 feet per floor. Even if we say the mech top takes up some of that, it's still over 11 feet per floor. Obviously, the bottom floors are humongous. So, we are somehow being sold that the first 36 floors is only 360', or 10' per floor? Including the huge podium floors?

If you actually count the poured floors instead of taking their made-up number at face value, it comes to 31 or 32 at absolute most.
Millennium's official numbering skips 5 floors. The first residential level is marketed as level 10. Millennium bills the tower as 60 stories, when it's only 55.

Haha glad you like it! And yeah that dude's pose is what I imagine half the posters here looking like when staring at new construction projects.

Love it! Best thing I've seen today. Thanks.

Haha glad you like it! And yeah that dude's pose is what I imagine half the posters here looking like when staring at new construction projects.

Listen guy, I only have ONE arm resting on my head when I'm scrolling through threads. The other is on my

mouse.

Listen guy, I only have ONE arm resting on my head when I'm scrolling through threads. The other is on my

mouse.

Weird... I read this post leaning to the side with one arm up and resting on my head.

Galactic -- this is New England --- with very few exceptions your skyline view will be interrupted by clouds, rain or snow long before 4 hours

Remember Mark Twain's famous speech on New England weather

Yes, one of the brightest gems in the New England weather is the dazzling uncertainty of it. There is only one thing certain about it: you are certain there is going to be plenty of it -- a perfect grand review; but you never can tell which end of the procession is going to move first. You fix up for the drought; you leave your umbrella in the house and sally out, and two to one you get drowned. You make up your mind that the earthquake is due; you stand from under, and take hold of something to steady yourself, and the first thing you know you get struck by lightning. These are great disappointments; but they can't be helped. The lightning there is peculiar; it is so convincing, that when it strikes a thing it doesn't leave enough of that thing behind for you to tell whether-- Well, you'd think it was something valuable, and a Congressman had been there.

:cool:

Great shots, folks.

Based on the view from the south (Harrison Ave @ E Berkeley), the crane cab is completely obscured by the tower itself. In the past this has been indicative of an imminent crane jump during the following weekend or two.

Thoughts on executing on a holiday weekend vs. the following weekend?

Based on the view from the south (Harrison Ave @ E Berkeley), the crane cab is completely obscured by the tower itself. In the past this has been indicative of an imminent crane jump during the following weekend or two.

That crane driver should soon be earning "True Lies" money...

Within 2 weeks or so this will jump the McCormack Tower and be the 25th tallest building in Boston.

I couldn't resist ;)

5mVgGf3.png

That may be the best picture ever made for this website

I'm so hot/cold on this one. Skyline views get me excited (never for more than four hours) but then I see closeups like this and can't help thinking Dallas 1983 with a couple nip/tucks, BECAUSE.

You can tell the developers wanted the cheapest glass box possible, but the architects literally started crying, and they cried out "but it's tall and tall buildings should make a statement!!!" so the developers calmed them down, gave them some tissues and promised them they could make a couple minor changes once the pro forma was done.

The end result? A few half-assed (and I'm being generous here) flourishes like different colored glass for the base and fanning north and south faces, which do just about nothing to hide what it really is: a bottom line box that could go anywhere. NOTHING about this says Boston; I feel like I've seen this tower a million times before. Thank gawd I like what it'll do for the skyline or I'd rip into it even more.

and speaking of the skyline, I just randomly noticed that this will make a pretty good dent in the view from the Chestnut Hill Reservoir. Check back in like 3 months and it should be quite prominent.

It should pop up right about here ----------- VV

17560881642_69af45c4e5_b.jpg

Last edited:
NOTHING about this says Boston.

What exactly about the Prudential Center, JHT, Federal Reserve, IP, all of the other fatties downtown, anything in the West End, and pretty much any other big building built in the last 50 years says Boston? Couldn't pretty much 99% of big buildings have been built "anywhere"?

Wouldn't the John Hancock Tower reflecting the Terminal Tower have screamed "Cleveland"? What if Boston had built the John Hancock Center (Chicago) as a follow up to the Pru. Wouldn't that symbolize Boston at this point? Cleveland's Key Tower originally could have been in Hartford. Many failed proposals pop up again with slight variations and get built in another city. What is Boston's identity supposed to be?

Can you provide examples of 200 meter residential towers being built anywhere else that you think are far superior to what we're getting here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back