Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of these pics just help to magnify the idiocy of 45 Prov's blank wall of shame

This can also now be seen over the tree tops from the pike in wellesley. Its always been only the Pru and Hancock standing there like twins above the trees letting you know you were getting close to the city. You could never see any buildings in downtown just those two, but I saw this today standing right there to the left of them surprisingly. This is the cool part that you will never know when you just have renderings, but once they get built you find out cool things like this.

Millennium & Handel should be justifiably proud -- this project has fulfilled its promise and its not even finished -- the Pike View has been Iconic for more than a generation -- now its having a Re-nai-seenance :cool:

Walked around Ward Hill in Andover yesterday and it's visible from there. It's usually too hazy for a photo but if I ever find myself there on a really clear day, I'll be sure to take a picture.

Walked around Ward Hill in Andover yesterday and it's visible from there. It's usually too hazy for a photo but if I ever find myself there on a really clear day, I'll be sure to take a picture.

We should have a contest - most remote view of MT -- ideally provable with a photo

You can see it lit up from Burlington on 128. Specifically, you can see it from the overpass between the Route 3A exists (Burlington and.... Winchester?) exits 33A and 33B. You can see it driving either direction if you know where to look, but only for 1-2 seconds.

You can see it lit up from Burlington on 128. Specifically, you can see it from the overpass between the Route 3A exists (Burlington and.... Winchester?) exits 33A and 33B. You can see it driving either direction if you know where to look, but only for 1-2 seconds.

Can confirm! Spied it from there two or three days ago. It will really stand out from there when it's complete.

That last photo is a bit deceptive as to the current height of the MT

Yesterday, I was down at Castle Island and took some shots from the sea wall around Pleasure Bay and also from the entrance to the Conley Container Terminal

in one of them MT aligns directly with the Federal Reserve Building
from Emporis
Technical Data

Height (tip) 614.11 ft
Height (architectural) 614.11 ft
Height (roof) 614.11 ft
Floors (above ground) 32

they looked essentially even at the top with the MT crane towering above

Actually if you look closely at the last photo I'm pretty sure you can see the setback on the left side. From my work I can see it in the distance and it looks like both sides may be getting their setbacks. I'm a little too far off to tell.

Every angle is going to be deceptive somehow. Especially with the Fed, which I still don't fully understand the height of since it looks shorter than its peers (1 IP, 1 Federal, Mellon Bank, Preggers) from pretty much everywhere. From Porter MT looks about 8 floors higher than the Fed! From Castle Island, the Fed would be towards the front of the view and MT is the one set further back.

Actually if you look closely at the last photo I'm pretty sure you can see the setback on the left side. From my work I can see it in the distance and it looks like both sides may be getting their setbacks. I'm a little too far off to tell.

Every angle is going to be deceptive somehow. Especially with the Fed, which I still don't fully understand the height of since it looks shorter than its peers (1 IP, 1 Federal, Mellon Bank, Preggers) from pretty much everywhere. From Porter MT looks about 8 floors higher than the Fed! From Castle Island, the Fed would be towards the front of the view and MT is the one set further back.

DZH -- yes

the Fed is a bit closer, however its base like that of the walkway @ Castle Island is just above Sea Level while the base of the MT is decidedly uphill

I think a good estimate for the MT is 610 +/- about 10' -- as of yesterday!

Not to get off topic but was anyone else staring at downtown last night to see how this impacts the skyline from the blimp! I feel like everytime they show downtown on a nationally televised event it's the same older stock feed that's "live".

OK, thank you. I kept looking for this building last night and was confused why I couldn't see it.
I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Not to get off topic but was anyone else staring at downtown last night to see how this impacts the skyline from the blimp! I feel like everytime they show downtown on a nationally televised event it's the same older stock feed that's "live".

I was doing this last night and I couldn't see any sign of MT, leading me to believe it was stock footage.

I was doing this last night and I couldn't see any sign of MT, leading me to believe it was stock footage.

The media is going to need to update the stock footage A LOT over the next 5 years, as all the towers are added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back