Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain the non-mirrored glass windows...just for effect to break up the plane, or do they serve a purpose?

If they really do intend to use this as family residence, this is incredible news.

I actually think it would be very appropriate if it were a member of one of the old Brahmin families, a Cabot or a Saltonstall or someone like that. The Boston connections don't get deeper than that.

Note the dramatic difference from the Juliet balconies for the merely uber penthouses to the 2000 sq. ft. skydeck...

Just as a correction in modern terms, these are jusy regular recessed balconies, not Juliette's. A Juliet (or Balconet) has no space you can walk out onto, it's just a door with a railing in front.

Please explain the non-mirrored glass windows...just for effect to break up the plane, or do they serve a purpose?

Padre -- I'm guessing the glass is different to give a bit more of a view to those folks buying at those levels -- you are paying a lot of $ for the view -- I don't think that I'd want it even partially obscured

DZ, great job working and getting some new angles... definitely some new vantage points I have yet to see

Why haven't they filled in the random windows that are still boarded up yet?

DZ, great job working and getting some new angles... definitely some new vantage points I have yet to see

Thanks! I'm always searching for new angles of this, Avalon NS (to a lesser extent), and of course of the skyline in general. MT, due to its height (yes, HEIGHT in downtown Boston!) is often visible from unexpected places.

Uploading photos at 6am... that is dedication. :)

I love this building and want to make sure my pictures are posted before they become too outdated. I actually uploaded them last night, but didn't compile for the posts until this morning. :)

Why haven't they filled in the random windows that are still boarded up yet?

I would actually expect them to finish zipping up the elevator side before patching the stragglers. Still have my fingers crossed that there will be a roof added too!

DZ, thanks as always for your photo updates. I too appreciate the different angles you provide.

do you think so? ^^^ i wouldn't classify it as groundbreaking or anything, but i'd put it quite a few notches above "bland."

So if this is bland, what is, say, 100 Federal classified as?

PREGNANT!!!!!

Also, this is far from bland. At sunset when the sun hits it right, the indents look like red lighting running vertically up the whole building. It looked amazing from Arlington the other night. Think this view, except the vertical lines were pinkish/red instead of the yellowish seen here. Hancock also had a pinkish/red vertical line. They matched! Brilliant!

MT is awesome!!! Can't wait for CSC and Copley Place Tower!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back