Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures of the skyline you are referring to odurandina are from Robbins Farm Park in Arlington, sometimes referred to as skyline park. I live right around the corner from there and the view never gets old.

I've been avoiding the topic for a while... Straight on shot of George Washington worries me alot.... as 1 Bromfield will probably completely fill the background..... I'm fairly sure people are going to absolutely freak out. If it goes 20 stories or 60 - won't change a thing. Except people will try to use GW's polluted background to limit the thing to turd height. Then add 1 more conundrum (shade over the cemetary and corner of the Common). Fight coming. Can't hardly put a g'damned building up in this city.

Idk well see, but if does get built that tower plus winthrop will really bring the skyline to life from that shot. I used to like the western view of millennium the most but now that cladding is complete and after visiting the tower 2 days ago I can say the eastern view is by far my favorite. This tower is honestly one of the most tastefully done blue glass towers I have ever seen.

I've been avoiding the topic for a while... Straight on shot of George Washington worries me alot.... as 1 Bromfield will probably completely fill the background..... I'm fairly sure people are going to absolutely freak out. If it goes 20 stories or 60 - won't change a thing. Except people will try to use GW's polluted background to limit the thing to turd height. Then add 1 more conundrum (shade over the cemetary and corner of the Common). Fight coming. Can't hardly put a g'damned building up in this city.

Odurandina -- just wait until some enterprising NIMBY starts using acoustic signatures -- losing this or that church bell due to reflections -- can't hear the fireworks on the 4th properly, etc.

Isn't it wonderful that like almost everything else Boston that our NIMBYs and BANANAs are so innovative and creative -- coming up with unique objections

Isn't it wonderful that like almost everything else Boston that our NIMBYs and BANANAs are so innovative and creative -- coming up with unique objections

No need to give them any more ideas. They're not THAT creative on their own.

Sorry for the weird window reflection, but the clear sky was being reflected against the dark sky, which looked awesome:

sR8t2qT.jpg

Walking up Washington Street just a few minutes ago and... wow...
Apologies for the compression artifacts on Imgur's thumbnails. I've added links to the originals.

Not a great photo but I thought it was a very interesting perspective. I took the photo of my tv screen while watching Chronicle on channel 5. The photo came out very blue so I changed it to black and white. Millennium Tower looks huge from this angle.

8ec4c24367012cc38f24445ad81b4244_zpsmrcv7nv9.jpg

It killed me not to get off the Red Line today when we crossed the Longfellow at rush hour the Hancock and Millennium tower were stunning with the reflecting sun and the dark storm clouds! these pics are from yesterday at about the same time
still working with a cell phone hope to have a new camera soon!

Not a great photo but I thought it was a very interesting perspective. I took the photo of my tv screen while watching Chronicle on channel 5. The photo came out very blue so I changed it to black and white. Millennium Tower looks huge from this angle.

8ec4c24367012cc38f24445ad81b4244_zpsmrcv7nv9.jpg
very cool how its line up showing just how much shorter the Pru is to the Hancock, if the Pru's antenna counted as it's official height it would be the tallest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back