Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could probably play the "Where in Boston am I?" game with this one...

26055393201_dddc2f5693_b.jpg

Taken from the Channel Center garage today. Surprised I didn't blow off the top of it.
tM71D2g.jpg

closer zoom
Q7GAch0.jpg

Why does the roof appear to be open? I assume it's going to be closed at some point.

The last construction elevator is down! This will be complete externally very, very soon.

One of the renderings on the marketing website made it appear it would be mostly closed with an opening for the building maintenance unit to lift out of.

Thanks for the nice pics. Do you work there or is it just easily accessible?

It's entirely free and very easy to access! Personally I think it's got one of Boston's best views. There's even an elevator that takes you to the top so that you don't need to climb 10 flights of stairs! Awesome panoramic views.

I took these photos there awhile ago. One looking due West the other due East

CQB7q65WUAApNUa.jpg

CQQ5VmhWIAANFdj.jpg

I'm actually really hoping they don't close it for the Grand Prix later this year. It would have an insane view of the race for free. You would be able to see cars coming down Cypher and turning onto the S Boston Bypass Road straightaway.

image for reference
z2lG5gN.jpg

Sorry for the lack of MT photos!

^Nice pics.... realize this is a bit picky, but you'd think the city could find a way to seal Beacon street directly in front of the State House, without the results looking like "snakes on a street". Maybe sealcoat the entire street, but just in that short stretch for cost containment, it sure would look better.

^Nice pics.... realize this is a bit picky, but you'd think the city could find a way to seal Beacon street directly in front of the State House, without the results looking like "snakes on a street". Maybe sealcoat the entire street, but just in that short stretch for cost containment, it sure would look better.

yeah, but $$

Apparently Beacon St has been on the list to be repaved for a while, but the contention with the neighborhood around the brick vs concrete ADA ramps has delayed it. They can't start repaving it until they do the ramps, and they can't do the ramps until the neighbors and the city agree on a ADA ramp material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back