Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
iQbgKKMh.jpg

I like that headhouse a helluva lot more than the one at GC.

Our office mailman informed our secretary that he'll begin delivering to Millennium Tower on Friday.

This baby is about to get much, much shinier. Check out the first pics of the cleaned glass:

EDIT: Fixed image sizes.

vZGZieu.jpg

ZlGBGWD.jpg

Last edited:
^^^Nice pics, but there's a sticky thread aimed at you. 4250x2390 is an insanely large picture. What are you looking at these on, a 50 inch monitor???

^^^Nice pics, but there's a sticky thread aimed at you. 4250x2390 is an insanely large picture. What are you looking at these on, a 50 inch monitor???

First off it was actually 5312x2988, and secondly it is dual 34" ultrawides, haha.

I went ahead and fixed it for you peasants and your lowly resolutions ;)

First off it was actually 5312x2988, and secondly it is dual 34" ultrawides, haha.

I went ahead and fixed it for you peasants and your lowly resolutions ;)

Ughhh dual monitor sucks, you got a line right in the middle of your view. Triple monitor is the way to go, peasant.

What are you looking at these on, a 50 inch monitor???

Screen size has nothing to do with resolution. A 50 inch 1920x1080 monitor will show just as much of the photo as a 30 inch 1920x1080 monitor.

Whooooo pedantic pixel density discussion! Let me grab my Make IT great again hat.

Dunno if this slipped under the radar, but about half of the 10,000 SF expansion of Roche Bros into Millennium Tower is open. Very exciting to take my first steps officially into Millennium Tower, albeit the basement!

Dunno if this slipped under the radar, but about half of the 10,000 SF expansion of Roche Bros into Millennium Tower is open. Very exciting to take my first steps officially into Millennium Tower, albeit the basement!

Oh, Data: thanks for the reminder. I shall step in after work today, as well!

Well, looks like I am making a quick stop at DTX on the way home, too. Wasn't the expansion going to be a beer/wine store basically? Or did they just add in more groceries?

I've been in a few times since the expansion has been open. There are several more aisles of refrigerated and frozen foods, plus standard aisles. For now, the alcohol is scattered about, with beer located at the bottom of the escalator and wine at the ends of several aisles. I'm not sure if they plan to make the alcohol section more organized. Does anyone know if they plan to add additional cashiers in the expansion? I know that they recently added more cashiers to the main section, but it still can get very busy during the week between 4 and 6.

I've been in a few times since the expansion has been open. There are several more aisles of refrigerated and frozen foods, plus standard aisles. For now, the alcohol is scattered about, with beer located at the bottom of the escalator and wine at the ends of several aisles. I'm not sure if they plan to make the alcohol section more organized. Does anyone know if they plan to add additional cashiers in the expansion? I know that they recently added more cashiers to the main section, but it still can get very busy during the week between 4 and 6.

I believe they will be adding some additional registers in the expansion area. I also believe that there is supposed to be an entrance in the base of MT too.

Caution; 1% hater thread now up on the Globe.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...dos-are-who/cVJoT2DKuzvqPdpP3tCW4I/story.html

Adam Corolla explains the success-hater, 'occupy-generation' rather well, i think.

"There's something that's come up in this country that didn't used to exist – which is 'envy.' It was understood back in the day... and we're now dealing with the first wave of participation-trophy, my sh_t doesn't stink, empowered, i feel so good about myself... We are dealing with the first wave of these f_cking assholes..... We've created a bunch of self entitled monsters." –Adam Corolla.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJEbWMS_IHE

Last edited:
Throughout my lifetime, DTX has been the convergence zone of boston: people from every neighborhood of the city came to shop and hang out. So long as those from everywhere can continue to come and enjoy DTX, then 1 Franklin is as good an address as any for Millennium tower. A major issue would be if DTX became a gated community. Until then, we can all enjoy the new bling MT affords, along with Primark, the grocery store, impending Old Navy, etc. DTX is at the precipice of being a multi-class success story, versus the beginning of the downfall of Boston's great central core. Let's hope for the former (which I think it will hang onto).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back