Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Filene's

Barnes & Noble was never a bank. Nor is it a Brutalist building. It was formerly the location of W.T. Grant department store. It has no special architectural distinction that I can see.

Actually, the upper facade is richly detailed. It is the giant tile front on the lower floors that lowers the tone.

What should be done, immediately, is moving the fence.

There is a lot of usable sidewalk that is being wasted.

IMG_9019.jpg

I think they are reading the forum as the fence has been removed and that area is now walkable. I went by it today.

I think it actually looked better before they moved the fence: It was more defined and less vacant-looking.

I think it actually looked better before they moved the fence: It was more defined and less vacant-looking.

A decent (read: food) cart vendor or two would help. Also, why does the fence need to cover the back of the T pavilion? It looks like it's blocked for no reason at all. That little bit of extra unnecessary fencing boxing things in.

Wouldn't it be great if the artist Christo came to town and covered this entire site in some amazing colored plastic?

Don't worry, I'm sure the finished product will have enough Alucobond on it to give a similar effect.

A decent (read: food) cart vendor or two would help. Also, why does the fence need to cover the back of the T pavilion? It looks like it's blocked for no reason at all. That little bit of extra unnecessary fencing boxing things in.

I didnt take a picture, but the space was in fact being used by a single cart vendor yesterday

They finally put up mesh banners all along the fence displaying mock-ups of the original design.

It looks nice but considering they are going to pare the building down once and if they start to build; it is all a bit silly imo.

They finally put up mesh banners all along the fence displaying mock-ups of the original design.

It looks nice but considering they are going to pare the building down once and if they start to build; it is all a bit silly imo.

I could certainly be wrong, but I've been under the impression the developers reverted to the original plan. At least, I hope so.

I could certainly be wrong, but I've been under the impression the developers reverted to the original plan. At least, I hope so.

Well in that case; I hope I am wrong...

What gives you that impression? Public info or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back