Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millennium Tower - Filene's

I got this in a downtown crossing email today.

I have the feeling they lumped the start of the tower with the start of Filene's.

I only just noticed this post now. Has anyone seen anything to the contrary since then? They kept saying the tower would come after, but then there's this.

No, no, no. It wasn't any sort of announcement, he was talking in general. I took it to mean the initial construction - the existing building.

He also said "I want those pushcarts there ... for as long as they want" when in fact he's given just a 60 day reprieve.

Shockingly, he wasn't pressed on this point.

The Mayor put the BID in place, didnt he?

Now that the Mayor is not running for reelection, it makes sense to me that all the developers with approved projects would try to get started before Menino goes away to avoid inevitable uncertainty. Hopefully that means that this and other major projects actually do start this spring and summer.

tocoto, if a project is approved, the city can't go and renege on approvals simply because there is a new mayor. That's cause for a lawsuit and damages.

If anything, I'd be worried about developers dragging their feet. Then they can see what kind of climate the next man in charge creates (pro-development, or more of the same) and then change their scope accordingly. Is that possible, or is there too much money at stake to absorb that kind of delay in development?

Nice looking in the rendering, and more dramatic with the excision of 101 Arch St.

Arnold Worldwide is a big deal tenant. Nice coup for Millenium.

Fantastic news!! And love the rendering. I had no idea that the south side had that detail at the top. I love this tower so much.

Whoever purchases the Fidelity buildings should note (which I am sure they would be).

“We were drawn to the history of innovation of the Burnham Building and Millennium’s forward-looking plan for the modern workplace that inspires collaboration,” Arnold’s president, Pam Hamlin, said. “We’re also excited to move to a neighborhood that is catering specifically to collaborative and creative companies like Arnold Worldwide. Our new building was a modern architectural first for commerce when it was constructed and we’re all eager to get there and create our own firsts.”

Great news, but uh...that building looks as bland as anything Boston's ever put up. Actually it looks like a schizophrenic John Hancock, executed by a client that wants to get the damn project over with and nothing more. And the base section looks like everyone involved said "I give up"...there's zero relationship to its context and zero thought involved. And those louvres? 5 stories in a row?

I recall the developer saying that they wanted to bring to life an area that rivaled that of the Hancock. I didn't know they meant we want to bring in a building that looks exactly like the Hancock. It's really hard to tell in most of the renderings the glass has looked clear now it's almost got that blue green Hancock tint? One of the saving graces is the fact that you can't tell in this image that the roof is slanted which will make it vastly different than the Hancock this is just a bad rendering.

And those louvres? 5 stories in a row?

That's what I initially thought, but now I'm thinking they're actually patios. But instead of hanging out of the building, the patios are imprinted into the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back