Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
RQeeY5I.jpg

That hill will be even more great for pictures once 1 Dalton, 30 Dalton, 888 Boylston, The Boston Garden, etc. are all visible as well. You'll get all the projects.

From beyond North Point, Somerville:
19963638251_82c7e640d6_c.jpg

From down the street:
19771791079_9bf48d067e_c.jpg

19963779451_0e8ebd412e_c.jpg

From right underneath:
19932375456_193fab3250_c.jpg

19950839722_5c1aa4c986_c.jpg

I believe that this will be the tallest building to dominate the downtown area of Boston! :cool:

^After seeing the last couple pages of pictures and confirming yesterday that this is currently at 44 floors, the roof will no doubt reach where the top of the crane currently is.

Goodbye Plateau.

^After seeing the last couple pages of pictures and confirming yesterday that this is currently at 44 floors, the roof will no doubt reach where the top of the crane currently is.

Goodbye Plateau.

Wikipedia says One Financial Center is 683 with antenna. MT will be 685, so looking at the photos (and trying to adjust for perspective) I would guess closer to 2/3 up the boom. Even though it will be the tallest in that part of town, I don't think it will be the true "plateau breaker" everyone wants it to be.

Full disclosure: Trying not to get my hopes up on this.

I don't know if this could have ever aspired to be a "plateau breaker" based on height; a more distinctive crown might have helped, however. To me the building is just another completely blah glass slab--the real value of MT will be the street activation (two years back I might have said it was also distinctive in luring a luxury residential market to DTX, but what a difference a couple years make).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back