Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning pics, BeeLine!

I noticed hazard lights up top for the first time this evening. They really highlight a need for a greater nighttime presence for MT.

I think I speak for most people when i say bravo this is an A+ development. This does everything well, creates a nice new focal point for downtown from many angles, pays homage to the hancock, beautiful glass, all around a huge win and we deserve this. We get too much junk but this really pulled through in the biggest spot. We forget that we could have EASILY gotten a 685' kensington smack dab in the middle of downtown but instead got this masterpiece.

Very satisfied with this development and I think it just opens the door for many more quality buildings some of which we already are seeing in the seaport, with 121 seaport, the parcel next door, and the whiskey priest parcel. From here out we are getting the Copley tower which looks great, one dalton also looks incredible, and I think we are finally setting a new precedent for Boston when people look around and see that we can build great buildings it will only lead to more because we are not settling with junk anymore. I feel like developers are going to see these buildings going up and want to separate themselves as the premier development and keep getting better and better. Before the mind set was kind of well waterside place just went up so I think I can get by with the bare minimum. Now it will be well 121 seaport just went up and looks great so how do I differentiate myself from that and it will push us to new heights (no pun intended with regards to the seaport lol). In regards to Millennium though I could not be happier this is one of those towers that when complete will look like it has always been there because it screams Boston.

Nice find...very cool! But, no evergreen tree for the topping out?

Nice vid! :cool:

Focused of course and rightly on the team -- wonder if there are more showing more of how they did it?

Even so -- there are some really spectacular brief views of things inside and outside [such as the opening windows! and the uber balconies] that really come off well on a HDef full screen YouTube replay

Bye bye crane. It has been great having you. Hope to see you at North Station soon!

I wonder when they'll fill in the missing glass panels.

It's amazing that people bitch about shadows in the city. It doesn't even make sense at this point. This tower looks great in the skyline.

Man, this now has the makings of an exceptional & dramatic public space. Extend the bricked pedestrian zone down here ... plant a few trees and unfurl a couple cafe umbrellas ... could be epic.

Man, this now has the makings of an exceptional & dramatic public space. Extend the bricked pedestrian zone down here ... plant a few trees and unfurl a couple cafe umbrellas ... could be epic.

I am in complete support of extending the pedestrian zone in DTX! I would like to see it extend to Temple PL (perhaps as a bus/SL only zone) and on to School St. as well. And, there should also be better enforcement of not allowing vehicles to use the pedestrian zone during daytime hours and physical barriers (that will actually be used) to prevent vehicles from moving through out the area.

School Street likely has to remain open to autos. That's the livery stand for Omni Parker as well we the only place to get access to Province Street.

That would be awesome. I immediately thought of Stone Street near my old office.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back