Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millennium Tower = Hancock Tower but Downtown.

Seems very similar. Millennium a more upgraded version.

I don't understand the fascination with something that lights up at night. 10 years ago I would have agreed but there's a decent amount of buildings that do light up in the city now. I dislike the seaport buildings and their accent lighting: for one they never match up, two are purple and one is green and red, yuck.

I don't understand the fascination with something that lights up at night. 10 years ago I would have agreed but there's a decent amount of buildings that do light up in the city now. I dislike the seaport buildings and their accent lighting: for one they never match up, two are purple and one is green and red, yuck.

This would look nice with some soft lighting at the top. Right now at night you can't even tell there is a slanted crown. A soft glow would really stand out.

Wow, the Garden Avalon looks HUGE in DZH's second to last pic.

Yes, it just so happens to be substantially closer to Charlestown than the rest of the financial district skyline. From the South, it has the same non-existent impact that the North Station towers will unfortunately have.

Right now it is the brightest building on the skyline due to all the work lights on the upper floors.

The building is lit up like a christmas tree but the crown is invisible when I have seen it at night so it looks short. With regards to North Station Tower it dominates from Charlestown and the Cambridge waterfront especially from the skatepark.

Crane is coming down. Or I assume it is, as there's three sections of it sitting on the street as of this evening.

Crane is coming down. Or I assume it is, as there's three sections of it sitting on the street as of this evening.

Timsox -- it just wont be the same walking down Washington St. from Government Center seeing the Crane before any building --- kinda like watching the masts of a tall ship coming over the horizon

Well we must continue to pay homage to the Cranes in the hopes of someday seeing another one of the stature and majesty of MT

do we know if those are going to be little pocket balconies on each end of the more clear glass or are they just still working on installing it? It looks almost too purposeful to just be glass that hasn't been installed yet...

There are pocket balconies. This is confirmed on the website's plans.

Franklin St between Washington & Hawley is totally closed to pedestrians today, presumably for the removal of the crane. Pedestrian detour signs are in place. You have to walk all the way down to Milk St or Summer St via Hawley to get up to Washington (or the reverse).

I may have missed this, but what is that row of dark black windows below the balcony levels? Are those going to be removed/swapped out?

I may have missed this, but what is that row of dark black windows below the balcony levels? Are those going to be removed/swapped out?

They seem to just be missing pieces of the typical glazed curtainwall. They're black boards.

Last edited:
They seem to just be missing pieces of the typical glazed curtainwall. They're black boards.

With the crane coming down, I expect the building's BMU will be used to install those missing pieces, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back