Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be awesome. I immediately thought of Stone Street near my old office.

image.jpg

I went to some oyster fest thing there last year, it was awesome.

Hopefully the Quaker Lane project ends up like that. And then, hopefully people like it enough that we get similar projects all over the city.

Man, this now has the makings of an exceptional & dramatic public space. Extend the bricked pedestrian zone down here ... plant a few trees and unfurl a couple cafe umbrellas ... could be epic.

CSTH -- unfortunately, the MT has a sort of mini porte cochère with access from Franklin St. at the corner-- now if they had only made use of Hawley St. for all the deliveries and arrivals then....

Now --The best that can be done is to brick in the pavement for the block of Franklin directly fronting the MT just like the matching block of Summer St. behind the Burnham Building and get rid of the curbs

Don't even get me started on the corner of Franklin & Hawley. I'm still angry about it.

So much going on here, that Millennium Tower almost got pushed off the front page!

From 1/15

Awesome skyline shots DZH22! I especially like this one:

From 1/17 Part 1 of 3

Boston's skyline is going to look so powerful from here once the North Station and Congress Street towers are up and the Seaport gets filled in further.

I like how it blends in with its neighbours from a lot of perspectives, even gets lost next to Exchange Place. I also love that it's also a great distant terminating vista for Newbury Street.

Another solid background building from some angles; a shining prismatic sculpture from others.

Does the angled mechanical penthouse get a roof or will it just stay open like that?

Facebook reminded me that I took this photo 1 year ago, today:

This thing flew.

10933770_10203476282327832_4217949427640269943_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back