Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
DZH22- Great shots... making me homesick.

Thanks! You'll have to come back to visit. London is great, but I find Boston to be prettier in person.

Not thrilled about the open roof, but worse things have happened. Great shots, DZH.

Thanks! Are we sure they are leaving the roof open? Could it be the final piece of the puzzle after they stitch up that elevator shaft?

They were doing some type of work up on the roof yesterday:

mt%20roof%20work_zpsyz6mg1qm.jpg

The view from Cambridge is damn near iconic for this one. I look forward to the neighbors MT (hopefully) collects over the next several years- it'll really be something.

The view from Cambridge is damn near iconic for this one. I look forward to the neighbors MT (hopefully) collects over the next several years- it'll really be something.

Downburst -- Iconic !!

The contrast between "The Bank" and MT is so good there needs to be an ordinance to prevent this view from being changed by anything between those two buildings and the river's edge

I have to roll back my sneering comment about "blandness". I've only seen the "back" in person (we look at it from the Seaport). The photos of the other views show it off much better!

And put back the 1905 building/facade on the corner of Hawley.

Not a terrrible idea but you need those cross streets for traffic to work on any level. Its bad as it is now, I park in there at night and go the gym and even after doing it 15 times its was still confusing to navigate those streets

Franklin Street between Hawley and Devonshire bows out substantially. It is wide enough to maintain two lanes of traffic and add a generous landscaped/paved plaza with street furniture. In fact, an old planning study by the BRA anticipated that type of arrangement, including an ornamental fountain. Ideally, the buildings along this stretch of Franklin would be converted to residential creating a residential corridor by linking 45 Province, the Bromfield tower proposal (not yet unveiled) and Millenium Tower, to the Winthrop Square tower which should have a substantial residential component.

According to the renderings on the Millenium Tower Site, the open area at the top will have a finished roof.

There is supposed to be a rooftop year-round pool up there, so I don't think that it will be open & exposed to the weather. Especially in the winter. :eek:

There is supposed to be a rooftop year-round pool up there, so I don't think that it will be open & exposed to the weather. Especially in the winter. :eek:

False. It's just mechanicals

Ideally, the buildings along this stretch of Franklin would be converted to residential

It's been tried, it didn't work.

(Granted, things may have changed somewhat in the past 200 or so years...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back