Mission Hill Infill and Small Developments

I was just fantasizing about tearing them down and rebuilding them so as to allow the reformation of the former street grid. Even running Smith diagonally through so it hits St Alphonsus further down would be ok. It's such a sad little stub now. Anyway, Id be much more in favor of a tower on the vacant lot at Huntington & Worthington... but I don't think there are any proposals for that one yet, as far as I know.

I must say I actually like the Wentworth field where it is. It showcases the NE building behind it, it's a pretty greenspace and it's nice to see the kids playing sports, lending the area a college atmosphere. Although it's good to see Huntington getting built up, this is one parcel I'd personally rather see left alone.

Too bad those NE buildings are being replaced by towers in the master plan.

Im talking about West Village, which was recently built

^ That's quite the cutesy little development, or at least it looks so in the plans and renders. From the PNF:

nxow.jpg

dlon.jpg

yum4.jpg

w256.jpg

Look at all the garden spaces:

9hc5.jpg

xjr6.jpg

q6v5.jpg

dgmv.jpg

iiv6.jpg

Does anyone know the status of this? They did some utility work on Parker Ave but the lots are quiescent.

Parking a concern at 70 Parker Hill Ave. renovation

The building at 70 Parker Hill Ave. was formerly used by the New England Baptist Hospital, but has been vacant for 10 years. The redevelopment is proposed by an East Boston partnership called Jamaica View LLC in collaboration with contractor GVW Incorporated, also East Boston-based.

The renovation project would turn the building into an apartment complex consisting of studios and one- and two-bedroom units. That would include 40 market-rate units and six affordable units. There would be 6 studio units, 33 one-bedroom units, 6 two-bedroom units and 1 two-bedroom townhouse.

The project would add an additional floor and more than 10,000 square feet to the building. There would also be 29 parking spots.

http://missionhillgazette.com/2014/11/14/parking-a-concern-at-70-parker-hill-ave-renovation/

^35 floors and 395 units.
This is how you meet the goal of 30,000 new homes. Bonus points for being somewhat outside the traditional zone of high rises.

Who could possibly have a problem with that project?!?!

They are just extorting the developer. What complete trash.

Over the past 15 years, the Brookinses have filed lawsuits against several real estate projects in Mission Hill and the Longwood Medical Area, sometimes gaining settlements, sometimes having the suits tossed out of court. In 2012, they were among the plaintiffs who settled a lawsuit out of court, reportedly for a large sum of money, over zoning approval of Northeastern University’s controversial East Village dorm project. - See more at: http://missionhillgazette.com/2014/...gainst-art-park-project/#sthash.x0lLQ1Vc.dpuf

Did anyone go to the 45 Worthington meeting last night? Please please please tell me there's a podium on Worthington and the tower is actually set back from the street.

Did anyone go to the 45 Worthington meeting last night? Please please please tell me there's a podium on Worthington and the tower is actually set back from the street.

Meeting is tonight at 6:30. I'll be there and will try to post something here tomorrow.

Meeting is tonight at 6:30. I'll be there and will try to post something here tomorrow.

Whoops totally mixed that up. My bad. Thanks! I'm going to this.

Just printed out pictures of Whitney St. from my researching of the Whitney Redev. Project for reference. It's crucial to remember the history of this site.

Last edited:
I really really hope "E+ Mission Hill" gets built as planned. As far as I'm concerned this is the only local project in the pipeline with actual capital-A Architecture. Seems like a studio project come to life.

Edit: Art Park is the project name. E+ Mission Hill was the RFP name and Art Park was the winning project.

Last edited:

Back