Mission Hill Parcel 25 | Tremont St @ Roxbury Crossing

This is interesting. Its really just your run of the mill condo tower, but instead of 1 main entrance for everybody theyve added a bunch of townhome style steps leading to separate entrances for ground level units.

This particular building isnt particularly incredible, but I think theyre on to something here. Better materials overall and this could be a huge win. As far as livening up the street wall if youre on a street that wont support lots of ground floor retail this is a nice way to liven up ground level. I like it.

This could be a way to incorporate more townhouse style front steps to streetscapes all around the city on buildings that are already going up everywhere. Townhouses arent really going up much anymore, but this could be a way to gain more stoop lined streets added to the cityscape that everybody loves.

For whatever reason, affordable projects seem to do a lot more maisonettes and ground floor entrances. You can see several all over mission hill and lower rox. Agreed that it activates the street more.

No word on the office (phase 3), though. Wish they'd just build dense market rate housing there to cross subsidize, though.

Attachments

• 1695842545278.png
    1695842545278.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 44
Really great we're getting these slow as molasses small affordable only projects instead of zoning for mixed income and allowing height. Could've had the same number of affordable units cross subsidized with market rate and all built by now...

Hmm went from 46 affordable units to 94, sounds good to me!
Isn't it 46 plus 94, since the 46 is from phase 2 and this is NPC just for phase 3--from all office space to 96 units. So a total of 140 units.

Onion paper low rise buildings right next to one of the city’s two transit lines.

Last edited:
barf. always happy for more housing, but yeeesh is that ugly.

Painted sheet metal glued to a mostly glue low rise building at the doorstep of one of the city’s two rapid transit lines. Throw in the towel

Back