IMG_3734 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3740 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3739 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3755 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3757 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3766 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_3762 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Thanks for the pics Beeline!

Building 4 is a funny one. The south facing elevation as you've captured it looks great. As many have already said on here, the gradient on the ultra-wide east and west faces could have been executed better. I personally would've preferred a more subtle transition, for example if the entire face only used the palette highlighted below. And then most frustratingly, the Main St. facing elevation, the view most people will actually be familiar with up close, just looks like a VE'd version of the south facing elevation!

49646056086_379487c49a_b.jpg

I like how dark it is tbh

Does it look that way from every angle, or is that sun/cloud-shadow angle playing tricks on it? I'm honestly baffled how the reflection in the building next door isn't dark-as-fuck like this shot angle is, so wondering if there's some multi-faceted optical illusioning going on. TBH I've never noticed it that distinct against the skyline before, but that's mostly because I'm either Red Line'ing it over the Longfellow or driving north-south on 28, not passing east-west along the River Roads. Does it not look nearly so black from those other angles?

Does it look that way from every angle, or is that sun/cloud-shadow angle playing tricks on it? I'm honestly baffled how the reflection in the building next door isn't dark-as-fuck like this shot angle is, so wondering if there's some multi-faceted optical illusioning going on. TBH I've never noticed it that distinct against the skyline before, but that's mostly because I'm either Red Line'ing it over the Longfellow or driving north-south on 28, not passing east-west along the River Roads. Does it not look nearly so black from those other angles?

Yes. Sometimes it's more golden.

I honestly don't know, I don't live in Boston anymore (Manhattan now) but from what I recall, it looked lighter heading to the Fenway area on Storrow so it could just be the angle

That concrete brutalist monstrosity is more interesting than this.
Van -- as opposed to the other concrete brutalist monstrosities in Boston / Cambridge -- East Gate is on the short list for the Ash Bin of History -- it will mostly vanish from the skyline in the next 3 or so years

But the juxtaposition of the various glass boxes in the immediate vicinity including the new Google will make the actual Kendall Square one of the most photo-philic in the immediate MIT area

Back