Mixed Use Complex | 345 Harrison Ave | South End

This is an great project! Any recent news? It's been quite a while since anything's been posted.

Haven't seen any news but walked by yesterday and it looked as though InkBlock was using it for staging?

Re: 560 apartments on tap for South End

I heard some chatter about this one moving forward soon.

I hadn't seen this before.

345 Harrison was apparently sold last November?

Not a bad return on a two-year investment - $18-million plus for taking the project from planning to approval.

Original sale of Greybar to F8345 Harrison Owner LLC

Flip to Harrison LLC

Construction fencing is up. Looks like they are close to done in stripping anything of value from the old Graybar building. They could start raising the old building any day now.

Crew is onsite and at least 3 bulldozers were revving their engines this morning preparing to tear down the old Graybar building.

Crew is onsite and at least 3 bulldozers were revving their engines this morning preparing to tear down the old Graybar building.

Building about half way gone.

picture.php

New renders posted by BRA on twitter...Decreased # of housing units, increased # of retail. What is this, Brooklyn?

12745596_972497049508076_5783012074950412598_n.jpg

12745948_972498419507939_4641591838437222156_n.jpg

Oh thank goodness! I, for one, was afraid that this development might actually put together some good architecture-- previous renderings were frighteningly modern and nice-looking, with far too much depth and altogether too impressive of a design. These new renderings have set me at ease: right back to mediocrity. I can rest easy now.

Oh thank goodness! I, for one, was afraid that this development might actually put together some good architecture-- previous renderings were frighteningly modern and nice-looking, with far too much depth and altogether too impressive of a design. These new renderings have set me at ease: right back to mediocrity. I can rest easy now.

You mean the Waterside Place clones on page 2? How is this more mediocre than that?

I'm with Timmy on this one. The page 2 version looks nicer.

Not really digging the height uniformity in the new renderings. I'm even less enthused with how they're now trying to force this 'organic' aesthetic by further differentiating the buildings from each other, but I think I need to see other angles to make up my mind.

Revisiting this site is suddenly reminding me of the flat-top CityCenterDC block bound by 9th and 10th Sts NW and H and I Sts NW that I came across during my trip to DC last month for their TransportationCamp...

If anything, I love that this part of the SE is getting some density and decent height.

Back