Mixed Use Complex | 345 Harrison Ave | South End

Quick update (no pictures; apologies).

Second tower crane base installed. This one on the northern half of the site below ground level in the pit.

Also, mock-ups are done near the south tower crane base - interesting blend of "matte finish" navy, brick and forest colored alucobond on one of the samples.

I like what theyre doing in this area of the south end a lot, I just wonder how all of these people plan on getting to work seeing that theres minimal public transportation im aware of. Maybe the busses cover it well...idk but I feel these arent bus ride types of people moving in.

This site is 0.3 miles from the Tufts stop on the Orange Line and 0.5 from Broadway on the Red. Also the Silver stops right outside if you're going downtown. Basically the most convenient part of the South End for transit with the exception of Ellis....

This site is 0.3 miles from the Tufts stop on the Orange Line and 0.5 from Broadway on the Red. Also the Silver stops right outside if you're going downtown. Basically the most convenient part of the South End for transit with the exception of Ellis....

Not really.

People dont think about distances in terms of miles, and they shouldnt. They think about distances in terms of what the distance FEELS like. The walk to Broadway from here is horrrendous. Most people would much rather walk a farther distance to Back Bay station from deep within the South End, and they wouldnt even know the distance was as far because the environment was pleasant, engaging, and enveloping.

Tufts station feels close to these developments the main issue is the parcels yet to be developed and the pike but that isn't that bad tbh.

Tufts station feels close to these developments the main issue is the parcels yet to be developed and the pike but that isn't that bad tbh.

Hum --- this IS the parcel yet to be developed between this development and Tufts Station? Straight shot on Washington to the station, through developed area.

I couldn't remember if there was another it has been awhile since I have been in that area. That really proves the point though aside from a few hundred feet of rail and road overpass it is not an unpleasant area to walk in.

I couldn't remember if there was another it has been awhile since I have been in that area. That really proves the point though aside from a few hundred feet of rail and road overpass it is not an unpleasant area to walk in.

I live in the area. Crossing the Turnpike and rail lines is really not at all unpleasant. Great views of Back Bay from the bridges as well. Often amazing sunsets.

Hum --- this IS the parcel yet to be developed between this development and Tufts Station? Straight shot on Washington to the station, through developed area.

JeffDowntown -- Once again -- come back in 5 years this place will be all together different

The marketing team ran a naming contest for this building and posted this snippet on their Facebook Page:

"For the name contest, we would like to congratulate Jamie C[urtis] for their submission of the historically significant “Seneca” on 5/1/16. It’s important to note that there are internal names suggested by our associates that are still being considered. Watch out for a final name for the property that will be announced on our Facebook page shortly."

There is a core rising at the site now on the east side.

Seneca is an excellent name, though I might have prefered Oswego

Seneca is an excellent name, though I might have prefered Oswego

Oswego would be a great name. I don't think they'll go with Seneca as they won't want to dilute their brand as the similarly sounding Sepia and Siena are going up across the street.

Back