Moon Island/ Long Island road

I love how he claims "we care about these kids" yet he has them on an island used by homeless people sheltered far away from the city with minimum security, fire, and EMS protection.

And the funny part about all this is that access is wanted to FEDERAL PROPERTY. Not city. Not state. FEDERAL PROPERTY. He just doesn't want to be forced to have to foot the bill to replace the damn bridge that he knows is a death trap in the making.

Didn't he annex this island from Hull?

The city has owned the island since 1882 and I can't find anything about him annexing the island, and frankly most of his involvelement with the island seems to be just the summer camp making his complaints about the island all the more idiotic since he has all but ignored it otherwise.

Last edited:
The grounds of the Eastern Point lighthouse in Gloucester are federal land open to the public, but you have to drive by four or five 'Private Property' signs to get to it. Maybe we'll get the same thing here?

The grounds of the Eastern Point lighthouse in Gloucester are federal land open to the public, but you have to drive by four or five 'Private Property' signs to get to it. Maybe we'll get the same thing here?

Eastern Point doesn't have a guard shack though, and any Joe Schmoe who knows the "private" signs are BS can head down there without anyone stopping them.

What happens if you kayak to this place, though? Massive anti-terrorist response on behalf of da mayah's finest?

What happens if you kayak to this place, though? Massive anti-terrorist response on behalf of da mayah's finest?

Yeah, that would happen especially if its during the time the kids are in camp...all in the name of "protecting the kids" again.

I find the timing of the article fascinating though. If not Menino, certainly someone at the Herlad is reading this forum and asked him the question.

Back