More Fenway Park Renovations

Unless someone's behavior is actively interfering with your enjoyment of the game, why should it bother you?
It doesn't actually "bother" me (unless I'm actually attending a game with a pink cap(s) in my group - that is brutal - nothing but cell phone pictures and inane questions the whole game) - I just find the whole pink hat phenomenon a little strange.

Baseball is a slow-moving game with many subtle nuances. Of all major sports, it requires an attention span. And it can be a long game - 4 hours plus. Why would anyone invest their time and shell out good money if they aren't really into it? It would be like me going to the opera, paying no attention to what's going on onstage and playing video games on my phone the whole time. Why?

Last edited:
I'm a very lucky man: my girlfriend keeps score at every game we attend.

That's awesome Beton, but I hope she isn't twice the size of you and slug you in the arm when the red sox score a run because she so pumped.

As for mixed drinks at Fenway, they've had em for years or at least I had a pint and a bought their coke and made one.... so yes they've had em for years.

The key is a big crowd of people having a good time together. We can't demand that every spectator understand the intricacies of the beautiful game. But if they have a good time, and I have a good time, then it doesn't matter that some will wear pink hats, drink appletinis or some other abomination. I want a club that makes money, puts together a consistently competitive team, and preserves that gem of a ball park. Pink hats won't ruin this for me.

Personally I don't mind watching a game along side many beautiful women (who might not be that into it) and I love baseball. Really ticket prices have made it a social event first and a game second a long time ago. So many of Baseball's fans can only afford to go to games every so often. What is it roughly 300-400 bucks for a family of four to go to a game and have a dog and drink? A hundred years ago that would probably be 100 bucks (in todays money.) Shit I can't even watch a game on tv unless I'm willing to upgrade my cable to the next level.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/04/04/red-sox-team-up-with-new-balance/

BOSTON (CBS) ? The Boston Red Sox and New Balance announced a comprehensive, multi-year partnership on Monday that recognizes New Balance as the official footwear and apparel sponsor of the team.

Read: Pedroia On Sweep: ?We?re All Frustrated?

Also at the announcement an illuminated sign was unveiled featuring New Balance?s signature red logo atop one of the new HD video boards in Fenway Park?s right field.

The New Balance sign will feature 1,959 energy-efficient LED lights that will illuminate the ?New Balance? logo. The sign was designed with the ability to display a looped and flashing ?we won? message to highlight Red Sox victories around the Fenway area.

Read: Mike Lowell Talks Retirement, 2011 Red Sox

In 2010, New Balance joined the Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital as presenting sponsor of the inaugural Run to Home Base and will do so again on May 22, 2011 at Fenway Park. They will also become presenting sponsor of the Red Sox Baseball Academy, the official summer camp of the Boston Red Sox. The 2011 camp for baseball and softball players ages 5-13 will be held from June to August in Boston, with New Balance providing 20 need-based scholarships to the Academy annually.

Fenway will now be serving sushi, veggie dogs and roast beef sandwiches. Imagine how much they're gonna cost!

Janet Marie Smith served as Senior Vice President of Planning and Development for the Boston Red Sox from 2002 to 2009, overseeing the preservation of historic Fenway Park and leading the program that placed this significant ballpark on the National Historic Register. In 2012, the Boston Baseball Writers honored Smith with a Special Achievement Award for her work at Fenway Park. Smith previously worked for the Orioles from 1989-94 as Vice President of Planning and Development during the design and construction of Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
As of August, 2012, Smith has joined the Los Angeles Dodgers as Senior Vice President of Planning and Development to oversee upgrades and enhancements to Dodger Stadium. Smith holds a Masters degree in Urban Planning from City College of New York and a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Mississippi State University.

Thurs.
Mar. 7,
6:00 p.m.

Rabb Lecture Hall

http://www.bpl.org/news/lowell/#20130307

More fancy seating for fancy people...
http://www.whdh.com/story/27578011/red-sox-announce-planned-improvements-to-fenway-park

The Red Sox issued a release detailing improvements expected to Fenway Park for the 2015 season.

Group Party Suite, Pavilion Reserved Seating, and Lansdowne Pavilion
The EMC and State Street Pavilion levels on the left field side of the ballpark will be extended to the foul pole with a new party suite and expansion of the Pavilion Reserved seating sections. The new 35-person party suite adjacent to the Green Monster will be sold on a game-by-game basis and will feature 26 seats outside and 11 seats inside facing the field. As part of their new agreement with the Red Sox, Infiniti will be the title sponsor of the high-end suite which will be the largest on the EMC level. Infiniti is the official luxury vehicle of the Boston Red Sox.

The extension of the State Street Pavilion level immediately above the new Infiniti Suite will serve as home to approximately 100 new Pavilion Reserved seats. These seats, as do the Coca Cola Corner, have an average price of $75.

Additionally, a new private outdoor group space, the Lansdowne Pavilion, located directly behind the new Pavilion Reserved seating sections, will be added to accommodate groups of 10-16 people and be available for purchase on an individual game basis.

The 2015 improvements are expected to add between 150 and 200 seats to Fenway Park.

Back