MXD II (Google Kendall) | 325 Main St. | Kendall Square | Cambridge

shmessy

Reaction score
The carve outs could have been executed differently. Perhaps lose the slanted glass (hello 1980s Dallas) and make the underside of the carve out ceiling a different material (e.g. wood).
I hear ya, but I would imagine they want those carve outs to remain glass windows to also provide interesting angle vistas of the surrounding area for the occupants inside (like the dramatic vistas from inside the ICA in the Seaport from its down angled windows).

DigitalSciGuy

Reaction score
I agree. It's an inoffensive building and the tint in the glass kinda adds a little something. The quality of glass is top-notch, but yeah, it's very much a contemporary building trying so hard to push the concept and seem more creative like the activities meant to be going on inside.

When I walked through here last weekend, I wasn't expecting to round the corner and see this building so far along (I forgot it was a thing). This really fills in the corner it sits in. Definitely not the same quality as its neighbor across the street, but with the quality of the glass, we'll have a nice reflection of the better building! 💁‍♂️

Massachoicetts

Reaction score
I like the bright green. They should make it Pop with some bright colors on the exterior, like.pipes or something. It gives me pompidou vibes

Hydrobus

Reaction score
I like the bright green. They should make it Pop with some bright colors on the exterior, like.pipes or something. It gives me pompidou vibes
cant tell if your being sarcastic. I think the bright green is just a temporary construction wrapping. It has a product name on it.