MXD II (Google Kendall) | 325 Main St. | Kendall Square | Cambridge

^^^ That is some spicy street canyon action.

There's an understatement. The Marriott courtyard used to be a nice place - music and farmers market in the summer. Now you go to that plaza and it is surrounded by 3 new skyscrapers and really feels like you're in a dark sunken pit. Curious how it bright it will be come june/july, but right now it has turned pretty dismal.

This building isn’t atrocious, but standing across from 314 Main does it no favors. 314 executes the glass box of leasable volume better.

DZ, I just wanted to say thanks for the great in-neighborhood photos of the Kendall area you posted today, here and in other threads. You nicely captured how much that area has changed in just a few years. Aside from the seaport, I think it's probably the Boston area neighborhood that's changed the most in such a short time.

Thanks, paid 25 cents for 10 minutes of parking on Main Street! That neighborhood really is bananaland. Just wait for Volpe, MXD residential, Broad Canal development... It's going to be transformative!

Thanks, paid 25 cents for 10 minutes of parking on Main Street! That neighborhood really is bananaland. Just wait for Volpe, MXD residential, Broad Canal development... It's going to be transformative!

I had to google bananaland ...

A small country that is economically dependent on a single export commodity, such as bananas, and is typically governed by a dictator or the armed forces.

Makes sense for Cambridge :ROFLMAO:

Crane is coming down (from this morning):

MXD1.jpg

Man, this building is an absolute mess. Such a nonsensical massing without any consistency. The angled glass faces date it by 20 years.

The dark green hue of the glass is about all I can find redeeming or interesting.
I don't understand how Google could put their name on this. Really disappointing especially with the stuff popping up around it being relatively decent.

Back