Name these US Airports from above

This small regional airport recently became a hub for a local startup airline...Making this arguably the smallest hub airport in the country.

1690975700393.png

Image 8-1-23 at 8.59 PM.jpg

State's busiest airport and located in it's biggest city, should be an easy one!

ok you guys need to explain yourselves... how do you know these seemingly arbitrary locations so well?

Growing up flying unaccompanied minor pre-9/11, getting to see unusual parts of the airports and their operations. I retained a love of flying from that.

This airport is the 4th busiest in its state. It was one of the first destinations of Avelo Airlines

1690990590164.png

1690990572215.png

ok you guys need to explain yourselves... how do you know these seemingly arbitrary locations so well?
I got Wilmington DE from the "only commercial airport in the state" clue, plus it being so small. I drove by it once, but that was because it's also adjacent to the southern endpoint of US Route 202 and I wanted a photo.

Image 8-1-23 at 8.54 PM.jpg

Not the most attractive terminal from above, but it is home to the busiest airport in a two state region.

Last edited:
Image 8-2-23 at 12.41 PM.jpg

This charming airport is on the smaller side physically but punches above it's weight with seasonal mainline service on five different airlines. Play that funky music white boy!

Last edited:
This charming airport is on the smaller side physically but punches above its weight with seasonal mainline service on five different airlines. Play that funky music white boy!

I think I have it, because the clue was too good (and too funny!) ... will leave it for someone else :)

This small regional airport recently became a hub for a local startup airline...Making this arguably the smallest hub airport in the country.
This would be Lincoln Airport in Nebraska. Was not easy to figure out and Red Way virtual airlines is a start up and they have selected Lincoln as their hub so props for making me earn this one! (y)

I think I have it, because the clue was too good (and too funny!) ... will leave it for someone else :)
Thanks, I try to add some entertainment value and that song will be playing in my head for the rest of the afternoon! (y)

Last edited:
Image 8-1-23 at 8.56 PM.jpg

None of the legacy airlines have flown mainline aircraft into this airport since 2013 even though it's a busy regional hub. Dolly Parton had a big hit early in her career that rhymes with the name of the city it's actually located in!

Last edited:
None of the legacy airlines have flown mainline aircraft into this airport since 2013 even though it's a busy regional hub. Dolly Parton had a big hit early in her career that rhymes with the name of the city it's actually located in!

Your clues are too good! If I'm right, about "4" times too good :)

Back