Name this US city and related urban trivia!

5051900392_37047cb04d_b.jpg

Even though this northern city only has a population of 53,000, it has two impressive art deco towers that dominate the skyline.

Not an easy one due to the tiny population but Branson, MO.

First, you pick Bartlesville where 1 of my brother's currently resides........now you pick Branson, where my oldest brother resides. Are you stalking me? :) I have a strong mid-west/great plains connection!

OK........Here's one that might be a bit difficult. This is the view from a major architectural landmark. (That's my clue.)

town.jpg

um 1990 picked Branson so you might have two stalkers! And that looks like Lincoln, NE to my trained eye and the view is from the top of the second tallest State Capitol building. :)

53dac8a5d2a44.image.jpg

Wheat is king!

Clue #2 This city only has four letters in its name which is quite rare!
Clue #3 It is not located in Kansas

Last edited:
um 1990 picked Branson so you might have two stalkers! And that looks like Lincoln, NE to my trained eye and the view is from the top of the second tallest State Capitol building. :)

Wow, that was fast! YES. The view from the Nebraska State Capital Building.

Capital.jpg

Tom, that is Denver. If you would have cut out the iconic Daniels & Fisher tower to the left it would have been more difficult. Great skyline!

I'm impressed, Battle Creek is another one of those cities that has a skyline that far exceeds it population.

Three different cities on the dry side of a famously rainy state....

City 1:
1661439183072.png

City 2:
1661439538923.png

City 3: (Hint...This is City 3...but I could really call it "Cities three")
1661439849711.png

Last edited:
R.0b4983615f24fb37403a2ea63745d2a4.jpeg

I lived in this city of 58,000 on two separate occasions during my childhood. Ignored by the Interstate system and the downtown street names are very British!

R.d55b2d04b45dfaaf088ca87b1aad6e39.jpeg

Yes, workoutanytime figured it out this morning. The original home of Kelloggs and Post cereals, Battle Creek, MI. Every decent size city in Michigan has at least one art deco high rise.

Last edited:

Back