Needham Developments

Equilibria

Reaction score
I figure we might have future development in the Needham Industrial Park and elsewhere to throw on this thread, but to get it started:

Needham Town Meeting approved zoning changes for the Muzi/WCVB Gould St. property yesterday (note that these are privately-owned and no development has actually been proposed yet). This had gotten some attention last month when the town looked to actively ban an Amazon distribution center there.

I believe what was approved is up to this. Note that 900KSF is slightly less than Newton's two master planned developments (Riverside is about 1 million and Northland is 1.4 million). You can see the path of a hypothetical Green Line extension to Needham cutting across the image, but AFAIK the Town did not discuss it here.

1620159236170.png

1620159297095.png

Gameguy326

Reaction score
Should this be in Worcester & Massachusetts Beyond 128? I guess it's right on the cusp.

mass88

Reaction score
They should put this next to the jail off 128 - nothing but woods around there. Or is that part of Dedham?

F-Line to Dudley

Reaction score
They should put this next to the jail off 128 - nothing but woods around there. Or is that part of Dedham?
Dedham...Charles River is the town line. Prison's in in the middle of a state forest that spans everywhere from the country club to NU-Dedham Campus, so the land around it isn't physically available for development to span with density in any meaningful way.

Arlington

Staff member
Reaction score
Should this be in Worcester & Massachusetts Beyond 128? I guess it's right on the cusp.
Maybe we should rename the Worcester & beyond to reference 495 (or beyond)

When I think of 128 development I include “halfway to 495” And particularly anything where most commuters to the project will in fact arrive via 128 and it’s outbound tributaries