NEMA Boston | 399 Congress St. | Seaport

Re: Residences at 399 Congress St (formerly Madison Seaport Hotel)

Public meeting tonight. BRA just tweeted:

BRA
‏@BostonRedevelop
#Participate! Public meeting for 399 Congress St. Tonight, 7-8pm @Factory63apts. http://bit.ly/1Aw0sZD
399 CONGRESS STREET COMMUNITY MEETING
JAN 06, 2015
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

63 Melcher at A Street, Fort Point, South Boston 02210

Description:
This is a community meeting for the 399 Congress Street development. This meeting will discuss the proposed First amendment of The Proponent’s PDA. This amendment constitutes a change to their development plan of the 414 dwelling units from rental to a residential development.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...5/01/06/399-congress-street-community-meeting

Strange wording. Does that mean a change from rental to condo?

Good - I'd like to see a lot more condos in the seaport - but hopefully they do not cut down on the unit count too much or at all. IIRC, the city is requiring them to construct a decent-sized component of micro-units. I wonder how those would sell in the condo market.

Not sure,but the size of that lot and height restrictions makes 414 hotel rooms sound difficult, never mind res units. They must be tiny.

This project is now being marketed by Cushman & Wakefield. From an e-mail announcing the opportunity:

Cushman and Wakefield, Inc. has been exclusively retained to sell a fee-simple interest in 399 Congress, a shovel-ready, 414-unit residential development site ideally situated in the heart of Boston's Seaport neighborhood.

The asset is being offered without a formal asking price, free and clear of existing debt. 399 Congress provides investors with a unique opportunity to acquire fully entitled development site with carefully perfected plans and designs available for an immediate construction start.

From the Twitter:

@TheRealReporter Breaking: Bentall Kennedy/MEPT Buying Berkeley Seaport Assets for Near $250M; Equity Res Picked for 'Sausage Parcel' Deals Brokered by C&W

The Sausage Parcel has been sold for $36 million:

Seaport’s ‘sausage parcel,’ site of long-delayed apartment project, sells for $36M
Jan 28, 2016, 4:11pm EST | Catherine Carlock

A Miami-based real-estate development group has acquired a 0.7-acre site at 399 Congress St. in Boston’s Seaport District — a piece of land some refer to as “the sausage parcel” — for $36 million.

The seller was Boston real estate development firm Madison Properties, which had originally acquired the parcel in 2006 for $5.6 million. The buyer is Crescent Heights America Inc., a Miami-based developer that builds both residential and commercial projects.

Full article: http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/r...sage-parcel-site-of-long-delayed.html?ana=twt

Luckily this will be a whole new design, this never looked good. Crescent Heights has kind of off the wall designs so this should appeal to the people who want more flavor in the seaport. They definitely do not build boring towers and I think pretty much anything would look better than what was proposed here.

Is this Crescent Height's first Boston location? I live in a CH-owned (wow unix pun)--though not CH-built-- building in Chicago.

What's the context to the last post.. Is this a new release?

Don't think so. Latest document on the BRA site is from 2014 and has that render...

No sorry should have said that. I was just poking around on the BRA for renders that haven't been posted to the site. I hope it doesn't look anything like this once its built.

Why not? Looks pretty good, especall for the parcel shape.

I just hope it gets some better materials to keep up with recent trends.

Aww, I was hoping for something a little more... 'sausage-y' for the 'sausage parcel' — something with curves along the property line like the John Hancock offices nearby.

Back